1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

The season's comin to an end!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 94gt331, Oct 21, 2011.

1. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

I't that time of the year again for us seasonal landscapers about one or two more months left. I have 5 more landscape jobs to do and 1 more round of mowing and where going to start picking up leaves from Nov1 -dec1 and then hopefully maybe aliitle of snow. But im lookin forard to puttin the equiptment away for 3 months. I allways like takin a break from running my buisness for a few months. How's other LCO's doing this fall and what's ur winter plans. I do some farm work over the winter for some spendin money.:usflag:

2. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

We have a lot of green trees here were 2 weeks off because of all that extra rain this season. So we will mow 1 week into Nov guaranteed and probably 2 weeks into Nov. Last season it cuts ended in Oct. Then comes the fun part 100 plus clean ups in the 3-6 weeks before we get taken out by a snow storm. If all goes well we finish around Dec 15 if it doesn't go well it can drag deep in to Jan .

3. 94gt331

Male

You lookin forward to ur break from work or do work anywhere over the winter.

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Winter is merely a series of a few 3 and 4 day weekends and occasionally we take a whole 10-14 days off in a row in the beginning. No sooner then that ends then its time to do taxes, reports, new contracts and new plans basically the winters off is a myth here.

5. 94gt331

Male

Winter is a great time to do buisness planning and contracts i agree. I like to also do maint on the equiptment. I got lots of equiptment to clean up and repair.

6. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Maybe one or two more mowings here. Got a full fall clean up schedule for November. One big project that will last 2-3 more weeks. Got to get my plows ready to go!!

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'm winding down here too. I'll probably cut up until December and call it a year. No snow to speak of here.

8. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I'll be ready for winter (except for the snow and freezing temps part). Its been a busy year for me and I'm definately in need of a little break.

I've got at least a month before I'm done with everything. Leaves are falling here pretty steadily here. As long as we don't get snow too early, I'll be doing clean-ups until Dec. 1st, maybe a little longer...usually after Thanksgiving it is just a select few customers who want their lawns cleaned up, so I won't be too busy after that.

9. dieseltech

dieseltech LawnSite Senior Member

The grass is slowing down here too...time to pick up the leaves and dust off the snowblowers and the plow. I think im gonna switch up my advertising next season so ill probly get to work on that as well.
    Posted via Mobile Device