1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

The start of my pond project

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by LiL Hustler, Aug 16, 2005.

1. LiL Hustler

LiL Hustler LawnSite Member

Hi Everyone,
    Well, Like I stated before I was going to undertake a two raised ponds with a waterfall and 2 fountains. This a project I am going to do with little or no help from my husband or any of our employees. Doing it in my spare time. What little I have. I will be looking for advice as I get into areas I am not sure about and would love any advice from the experts as this project progresses. I will add pictures as I progress thru the job.
    First picture is of me starting the layout process.
    Sheri

layout1.jpg

2. LiL Hustler

The next few pictures are some of the designs I tried using a hose to see the result

layout2.jpg

3. LiL Hustler

I tried a few different ways

layout3.jpg

4. LiL Hustler

I read about using a hose as a layout but I still think it is hard to get an ideal on how it will look

layout4.jpg

5. LiL Hustler

Another layout angle

layout5.jpg

6. LiL Hustler

Okay, now that I have bored you with the hose layout pictures. Wait one more than we can get to work

layout6.JPG

7. LiL Hustler

Okay in the last picture , you see an empty trailer, time for someone to go get some ep Henry stones. I am using gray english garden wall.

stones1.jpg

8. LiL Hustler

See even a girl knows how to secure a load to make DOT happy. I did have to go thru a DOT check point the day I picked the stones up. Now problems the officer was nice.

stones2.jpg

9. LiL Hustler

Now, Even with all that hose layout, I still had problems with what it will look like so, only one thing to do, Lay the stones down and see what it will look like. I know its alot of extra work but i am not in a hurry.

stonelayout1.jpg

10. LiL Hustler

Boy the stones get heavy moving them back and forth, It doesnt help having a smart a$$ photographer making his comments. :angry:

stonelayout2.jpg