The Strangest weirdest things

Jason

LawnSite Senior Member
So what is the weirdest or strangest thing a customer has asked you to do for them? I had one customer ask me to stock his fridge and freezer with steak and beer for his friends coming in to his vacation cabin. I thought that was a little strange.. Lets hear them there has to be some good ones.

Darryl G

Inactive
Plant poison ivy to grow up the trellis on the side of the house...they wanted to provide food for the birds with the seeds they produce.

tony b

LawnSite Member
Lower the mower so it would pickup all the dog crap off the yard. The clients had 4 large sheepdogs. I told them that would be fine if they would be present after each cutting to clean the decks out by hand. lol

Darryl G

Inactive
Totally ridiculous, totally ignorant, totally stupid.
Thats what they told me anyway...they were into native plants. I suspected that they wanted to keep boys from climbing the trellis to get into their daughter's bedroom window ;)

agrostis

LawnSite Gold Member
Thats what they told me anyway...they were into native plants. I suspected that they wanted to keep boys from climbing the trellis to get into their daughter's bedroom window ;)
I am so allergic to PI that trying to grow it would never occur to me but i never considered the anti-testosterone properties of that plant before.

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
I am so allergic to PI that trying to grow it would never occur to me but i never considered the anti-testosterone properties of that plant before.
Seems like it would have been cheaper and easier just to catch the boyfriends and to rub the PI directly on their testosteronies than cover an entire wall. :laugh:

phillie

LawnSite Senior Member
I was treating a lawn one day and a squirrel fell out of a tree and almost landed on me. When it landed it made a decent thud. Haha. The customer said " since you killed it you need to remove it". He was under the assumption the weed control I was using killed it. I removed it but assured him it wasnt the chemical. I took it to a vet and they said it had mange. Same customer wants me to now cut down the 3 40' trees in his back lawn so the squirrels dont give his dog mange. Hahaha.. Literally nuttier than squirrel turds.

FoghornLeghorn

LawnSite Senior Member
This insane HOA member specified in the scope of work that the 2 acres of grass needing cutting must be done with a hand pushed reel mower, all drives needed to be swept instead of blown, all grass raked up and bagged, shrubs needed to be trimmed with hand shears instead of gas hedge clippers.

She didn't think the noise from mowers and handhelds was "harmonious"

We bid $9,800 per month, knowing full well we wouldn't get the job. Their budget was $1,300/month.