1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

The Tank has the confortable seat?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deere ZTR, Jun 30, 2003.

1. deere ZTR

deere ZTR LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Went to the dealer today to check out the Ex-Mark Z's. They also sell cub and mtd pro and white or some off brand like that. Anyway I sat on the exmark I thought it had a pretty typical seat and then I sat on the tank seat wow was it confortable!! How much does the seat mean to you guys?

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I noticed that also, the one on my 2003 is even more comfortable than my 2001, fits the rump great.:)

3. deere ZTR

deere ZTR LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

It was like instant relief for my back!! I think I would put a tank seat on whatever I buy!

4. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe in 2004 they'll have a mower with a Comfort Number Seat, kind of like that adjustable bed. Just change the air pressure to fit the operator.
    :D JK

I noticed a big differance in some o fhte mowers we looked at last year in Loisville. The Dixie seat was the best!

5. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

The latest suspension seat's on Lazers and Super Z's are plenty comfortable for me once I turned the dial up on them but I guess if there was one more comfortable I would be all over it. I like the idea someone used once of taking a seat to an upholstery shop and having them put in better springs, more padding and light colored canvas cloth for $55. I have a good upholsterer in my area that if those seats aren't comfortable enough I will take it to.

6. lawnrangers

lawnrangers LawnSite Member

yea it got a comfy seat,but its not a suspension seat.but my super z has one..