The usual suspects

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by Mike Leary, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Glad to hear you're okay. I like that blog, not the least for pointing at the question "Did the Hunter SRR connector originate as an XLR3?"

[​IMG]

Mike Leary likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Just to keep my hand in, I've been helping out with the turf in the Cactus Hug town square. Wish they had more funds, but I've made a dent......

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  3. Nice promo piece, Mike. Ajo is an hour and a half from where I live and have never been there, never considered going there and this has influenced me to at least consider it for a nice little day trip. I bet they have some fabulous Mexican food.
    I have to admit that the roadside mileage sign causes me some trepidation... "Edge of the World - 9 miles --- Ajo - 12 miles" haha

hort101 and Mike Leary like this.
  4. Carolina Cuttin' Company

Carolina Cuttin' Company LawnSite Senior Member

Nice scenery

5. Here is some not too far from Mike.
    It's been cool lately; but today 72° and tomorrow 76°.

20191228_122005.jpg

6. OP
    OP
    Mike Leary

For people who come down to 'The Deep Desert' from the northern climes for the first time, the 'nothingness' is overpowering! But, it's a acquired taste, some don't like it, but a few eventually appreciate the subtlety; one just looks closer. Here's the view from our back porch.

shadow ridge sunrise.jpg

7. Wet_Boots

I am reminded of the settings in Tony Hillerman's crime novels set largely in Navajo lands, with a pair of Navajo policemen as protagonists.

8. Crazy 4 grass

Crazy 4 grass LawnSite Silver Member

This will date me, but it reminds me of Breaking Bad.

9. OP
    OP
    Mike Leary

I've read almost all of Tony Hillerman's books; great writer. He is one of the few who are respected by the tribe for his accurate research.

10. Wet_Boots

I'm looking at a map of northwest New Mexico, remembering a line from a later Hillerman book, where Joe Leaphorn has a passenger in the pickup he's driving look over his shoulder to see Mt. Taylor, informing him the mountain is about fifty miles south of them, and between their pickup and that mountain, lives.... no one.

Mike Leary likes this.