Lawn Care Forum banner
181 - 200 of 228 Posts

· Registered
4,788 Posts
Another well head replacement this week. Everything from the nipple at the well head to the T going to the 2” was galvanized and rusted shut. Just replaced everything including the tank View attachment 528177 View attachment 528178
looks good. Have you used many of those flowmatic cycle guards? I have had nothing but problems with them. I prefer the cycle stop valves. They are not the same.

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
looks good. Have you used many of those flowmatic cycle guards? I have had nothing but problems with them. I prefer the cycle stop valves. They are not the same.
These are the first 2 I have put in. Cycle Stops are not available local to me and these had to be replaced ASAP. The first one dialed in nicely, the last one had a mainline/ valve leak somewhere so when the guys fix it I’ll dial the second in. What kind of issues are you having?

· Registered
4,788 Posts
These are the first 2 I have put in. Cycle Stops are not available local to me and these had to be replaced ASAP. The first one dialed in nicely, the last one had a mainline/ valve leak somewhere so when the guys fix it I’ll dial the second in. What kind of issues are you having?
The diaphragms on the 2” and larger valves distort and cause cycling. The 1.25 stainless ones don’t work right out of the box half the time.

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
what type of screen do they install on wells in your area, stainless wound type or slotted pvc?
This well is 100’ deep with 40-60’ being slotted pvc. I don’t remember exactly how much there is. My guy drilled 6-8 wells over a 40’ stretch and could not hit rock, just caverns of silt. It was a bad place for a well but we didn’t have much other choice.
Do you have any experience with the Lakos sand separators ?

· Registered
4,788 Posts
This well is 100’ deep with 40-60’ being slotted pvc. I don’t remember exactly how much there is. My guy drilled 6-8 wells over a 40’ stretch and could not hit rock, just caverns of silt. It was a bad place for a well but we didn’t have much other choice.
Do you have any experience with the Lakos sand separators ?
I don’t have any knowledge of those units. The wells here use stainless screen. Usually 5’ of screen for up to 30 gpm, 10’ of screen for up to 100 gpm. These are 4” pvc casings. I rarely have sand issues and if I do a vu flow is enough to fix it

· Registered
1,856 Posts

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
That tree looks like it was planted 1/3 in the ground, then the rootball mounded up with dirt and mulch. Not ideal for survival. But maybe that's "The Way Florida does it"?
Not usually , it’s about a 4’ root ball with 8” or so out of the ground. Landscape foreman was setting the tree and ask me if it looked good. Dumb idea on his part , looked good to me. Anyway, Tree would be fine planted that way if it had had water in the last 2 weeks.

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
I don’t have any knowledge of those units. The wells here use stainless screen. Usually 5’ of screen for up to 30 gpm, 10’ of screen for up to 100 gpm. These are 4” pvc casings. I rarely have sand issues and if I do a vu flow is enough to fix it
My Vu Flow didn’t fix it. I have ordered another filter for it 150 micron. We’ll see if that helps but my maintenance crew already flush the 40 mesh screen 3 days a week. I have a feeling the Vu Flow is just going to be too small. Hence the reason I’m looking at the Lakos. The ILB-0200 will filter to 74 microns and I can install it close enough to my controller to add a flush valve to it.

· Super Moderator
4,121 Posts
Another well head replacement this week. Everything from the nipple at the well head to the T going to the 2” was galvanized and rusted shut. Just replaced everything including the tank
FL,

If you find time, i would be curious to hear your practice & selection of the different kinds of thread compounds that you prefer to use.

Thanks for any advice you have to offer!
Pipeline transport Water Gas Pipe Bicycle fork

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 · (Edited)
FL,

If you find time, i would be curious to hear your practice & selection of the different kinds of thread compounds that you prefer to use.

Thanks for any advice you have to offer!
View attachment 529339
Honestly , I don’t really care. The black on the T is from a can I had to buy one Friday afternoon a long way from the shop , it’s all site one had. That stuff was just nasty and I finally tossed it. Good catch on the pic. My memory didn’t serve me well when I picked up the parts to do this job initially and I was too short with my nipples. So, next day and a new can of compound ( the blue one ) job got done. A couple wraps of Teflon, thread compound and that’s a wrap. Remember, we do not have the weather cycles down here that most of the country has. None of the freeze, thaw, freeze, thaw, heat , etc. Nor am I dealing with massive amounts of pressure. So to me, the type of compound is not really relevant. This is what I switched to. I wish I had a better answer for you. When I said the black compound was nasty, this is what I meant, hasn’t been in the truck for a couple of weeks and just reaching in to take the blue pic

Fluid Paint Gas Drink Font
Gesture Barefoot Thumb Wrinkle Foot

Fluid Paint Gas Drink Font

181 - 200 of 228 Posts