Lawn Care Forum banner
201 - 220 of 228 Posts

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
Now what do you think the chances are we can get all these sleeves in? Double 2” sleeves. Typical construction dictates the super will call in a panic “ the concrete guys are pouring the sidewalks tomorrow! “ 1st section of 3
Schematic Font Map Rectangle Parallel

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
Looks like it :)

Thats alot of hexagons,

going conventional or 2wire?

Also, what are the acroynms: "UP, EBM, LSB, SR, HSP,......etc?"
I’m going with a Hunter I2C and the Ez decoders. The simplicity of that setup is what my guys need. No grounding complications, simple red/white 12 gauge wire is something they can grasp. The main will go to 2” and irritrol 216 valves. Pipe sizing is not something my guys understand so dropping to 1 1/2” valves makes it a bit easier, for me. Spray the turf and drip the plants, the sidewalks make this a bit crazy as some of the turf is 4’ strips and it’s all hand dug. We are not an install company, we did a job last year for the owner of a car dealership and the construction company liked our work and wanted us to do this job, going to be interesting.

QV - Quercus Virginiana , Southern Live Oak
SA - St Augustine sod
SR - Syagrus romanzoffiana- Queen palm

I’m a southern boy, don’t know the scientific name for all these tropicals.

· Registered
14,764 Posts
Now what do you think the chances are we can get all these sleeves in? Double 2” sleeves. Typical construction dictates the super will call in a panic “ the concrete guys are pouring the sidewalks tomorrow! “ 1st section of 3
View attachment 529367
Don’t worry about it chief, push them through with the backhoe. Your soil’s a tad bit less rocky than ours and I push pipe sleeves through without much trouble.

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Don’t worry about it chief, push them through with the backhoe. Your soil’s a tad bit less rocky than ours and I push pipe sleeves through without much trouble.
No equipment on the new sidewalks, hence the hand digging. You’re right though, with our soil it is relatively easy to run pipes under sidewalks. Just walked the site yesterday and the 6” double walled corrugated for the gutter drains is already installed. Just makes the job that much more interesting :rolleyes:

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
So here we are on Christmas Day. Who cares about irrigation on Christmas Day ? Well, Florida does. The fact that I sent the guys out to all the outside properties to shut the water off last week , means nothing to FL. 2 hour drive , 1 hour fighting a broken water meter, and finally just turning off the heads, then 2 hours back. Always something going on in the sunshine state. No idea how the valve got stuck on when the clock has been off since Tuesday.
Plant Road surface Asphalt Natural landscape Urban design
Road surface Weeder Asphalt Garden tool Grass
Plant Road surface Land lot Sky Tree
Material property Gas Machine Electronic device Technology

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
Finally got the Lakos separator in. It will filter down to 74 microns which should be plenty to keep my heads and valve’s clean. Yes, I ran 2” pipe , could have run 2 1/2” but with 90 gpm the pressure loss through the 2” is about 2psi. Another 2-3 psi through the separator for a total of 5 or so. Not a big deal. I ended up putting it out with the pump instead of by the clock, so I just added a 1” valve and a node to the flush line. It’s flushing 2X per day for 1 minute. We’ll see if that’s enough to keep the sand from building up in the valve, if not I’ll pull that and just have the maintenance crew flush it 3x a week when they are on site.
Sky Cloud Plant Gas Tree

201 - 220 of 228 Posts