theres always one

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by xxl, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I never go 3 weeks unless there is a drought. Limbs would really pile up in that one yard in 3 weeks. 2 weeks is common here. They say they can' t afford it anymore. I am sure they can find someone to do what they want. So many mowing here. I will be there in 2 weeks like usual and say goodbye if they wont let me cut. Already told them it is a no go

hort101 and xxl like this.
  2. xxl

xxl LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

Charles also you need to make your money too we all have bills to pay it's just the nature of the world I have had other customers ask me nicely to stretch to 10 days if they are nice I will more than like say yes as long as I know they don't mind I always like to have my yards look top notch that's why I usually go a on a weekly plan in the spring like I said on occasion one or two will say it was a bit lush but not to bad could you go 10 days then I usually do But don't expect me to be to kind if you come out pointing things out and getting huffy that's when you find someone else

3. Steve

Steve LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NE FL

Why not $33? it's still money. Maybe he didn't want to over charge with 35 but didnt want to lowball with 30.

My apartment complex had a speed limit of 12MPH...not 10 or 15. It was just riiiight. LOL

oqueoque likes this.
  4. weeze

weeze Banned

stuff like that is just nuts to me. round it off. there's a campground here where the speed limit is 5 1/2 mph. i'm like wtf? it just makes no sense.

i hate that about anything. buying gas, buying food, eating out, etc. etc.

gas is $2.49.9 right now? why not just make it $2.50? i guess that would be too simple for people?

everything is always 4.99 or 3.87 or 12.06 and all that crap. just make it $5, $4, and $12.

i don't think a dollar is gonna make anyone go broke. i'd rather pay $9 than pay $8.03 and get 97 cents in change back.

Charles likes this.
  5. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Jersey

$34.5/6 is my minimum. Yes maam, 34 & 5/6 of a dollar.

Steve and xxl like this.
  6. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Florida

$2.49? Hell, I just filled up the truck tonight for $2.69 and filled my E-Free tanks for $3.29. Ugh!

Just read this on the 9/10 of a cent thing on gas.

"They (oil companies) found out that if you priced your gas 1/10 of a cent below a break point, let’s say 40 cents a gallon, '.399' just looked to the public like 39 cents…"

You won't find tenths of a cent on your credit card bill. Or even on the pump. But if you buy 15 gallons of gas at $3.299, you’re paying 13 cents more than at just $3.29. Since Americans buy 178 million gallons of gas a day, that’s a half-billion dollars more per year.”

hort101 and weeze like this.
  7. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

Gotta think too......if he's that big of a pain in the butt you can probably drop him and the neighbors know why. They live next to him after all.

He's not just a PITA with lawn guys...he's a PITA to live next to as well.

xxl likes this.
  8. weeze

weeze Banned

yeah i think the prices are going up to pay for the missiles we launched or to get more money for the wall or something.

9. weeze

weeze Banned

i guess that would guarantee you a 1/6th of a dollar tip each time they paid you :confused:

oqueoque likes this.
  10. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

I can't see the future but i'll wager you never get rich.