1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

These Exmark's any good?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cuttinitclose, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

2004 Exmark Lazer Z CT: $3,700, 44", 18hp Kohler, 420 Hrs.

2003 Exmark Lazer Z CT: $3,800, 44", 18hp Kohler, 198 Hrs.

Either one any good? Have not seen in person. I was looking on Exmarks Preowned Site.

2. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

any thing made by exmark is good:laugh:

3. Cuttinitclose

Im talking about years and hours and that stuff.

4. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I read the post, I just ment the replie as a joke. I would go with the 2003, my exmark is a 2003 and still has plenty of life in it

5. Cuttinitclose

Do you have any pics? I would appreciate it!

6. SfTD_service_CENTER

SfTD_service_CENTER LawnSite Senior Member

yeah they are a 44" deck is the best size ther is in my opinion!!! it can do big and small and everything inbetween and it follows the contours of a yard excelent! i would buy a 44" regardless of brand but since it is a exmark i wouldnt hesitate. your younger it is perfect for you, go for it which ever one floats your boat better!

7. SfTD_service_CENTER

SfTD_service_CENTER LawnSite Senior Member

whoops i didnt look at the model engine! listen if it is a single cylinder it might be good but some of the single kohler comand motors had issues and if it didnt have regular oil changes it will be a dud. they are however easy to replace with vtwin, and like i said before a 44 is a perfect do it all deck they dont scew anything up and they have a awsome cut!

8. Cuttinitclose

I'm gonna call about the '04, Monday. Its only 15 miles from me.

9. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

I didn't think they made single cylinder up to 18 horse. I could be wrong, but I think anything in that horse range should be a twin anyway.

10. bighaydenslawn

bighaydenslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I was looking at a Deere with an 18.5 single cylinder, but I went up to a 23 twin cylinder. So much more power.

Glad to see you are finally considering a good ZTR Foffel! JK...... just giving ya a hard time. How is that FS 90 workin for ya'?