1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

They are not sulky wheels. What are they called?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DAVESDLUX, Nov 18, 2004.

1. DAVESDLUX

DAVESDLUX LawnSite Member

I am thinking about buying some sulky wheels for my John Deere walk behind for next season. I have seen some other guys using a little board that folds down on the back of their mowers. Can you tell me what these are called and how much weight can they handle. Thanks for the help. :blob3:

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

are you talking about proslides?

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What walk are you putting this Pro-Slide on?????
    John

4. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

I had a proslide on my John Deere GS-45 walk behind. It was only the 14hp and it pulled fine and left a great stripe. My father who is 220 used it quite a bit and it pulled him fine. Get one off of ebay. Couple on there right not for $150-$170

5. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

damn, your father must be in good shape to be that old and still working... :p

6. DAVESDLUX

My mower is a John Deere HD75 HYdro With a 48" deck and a 17 hp Kawazaki engine. I weigh about 240 pounds so I was just wondering if a pro-slide can handle my weight or not. I have used a friends set of sulky wheels just a couple of times before and it just felt really strange, that is why I am looking at alternatives. Maybe if I just use the sulky more often I will get more used to it. Thanks for the help.

7. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

I am sure the proslide will pull you on the flats. I am 180 with a 17hp I get pulled up some hills with no problems.

My only problem with the proslide is the drag it creates on the mower. I am sure long term it will have affects on the motor, so I just order a casting sulky. It doenst swivel around alot like the normal sulkys. The wheels are casters and basically just add a extension to the rear of the machine. Hopefully it comes in a day or 2 and I will post some results...

8. DAVESDLUX

I just looked on e-bay and I couldn't find any pro-slides. I looked under mowers and parts and accessories. Are they actually called pro-slides or do they have a different brand name. Also do any of you know of any websites where I can find these besides e-bay. Thanks Dave

9. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

this is a link to the guy that sells them... you can email him and see if he has any left

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopag...dsperpageZ25QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1

10. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Sounds like a slider.