They are not sulky wheels. What are they called?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DAVESDLUX, Nov 18, 2004.


    DAVESDLUX LawnSite Member
    Messages: 6

    I am thinking about buying some sulky wheels for my John Deere walk behind for next season. I have seen some other guys using a little board that folds down on the back of their mowers. Can you tell me what these are called and how much weight can they handle. Thanks for the help. :blob3:
  2. tiedeman

    tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth
    Messages: 8,745

    are you talking about proslides?
  3. John Gamba

    John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct
    Messages: 10,812

    What walk are you putting this Pro-Slide on?????
  4. CRM Lawncare

    CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member
    Messages: 176

    I had a proslide on my John Deere GS-45 walk behind. It was only the 14hp and it pulled fine and left a great stripe. My father who is 220 used it quite a bit and it pulled him fine. Get one off of ebay. Couple on there right not for $150-$170
  5. lawnwizards

    lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,439

    damn, your father must be in good shape to be that old and still working... :p

    DAVESDLUX LawnSite Member
    Messages: 6

    My mower is a John Deere HD75 HYdro With a 48" deck and a 17 hp Kawazaki engine. I weigh about 240 pounds so I was just wondering if a pro-slide can handle my weight or not. I have used a friends set of sulky wheels just a couple of times before and it just felt really strange, that is why I am looking at alternatives. Maybe if I just use the sulky more often I will get more used to it. Thanks for the help.
  7. ztoro

    ztoro LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 735

    I am sure the proslide will pull you on the flats. I am 180 with a 17hp I get pulled up some hills with no problems.

    My only problem with the proslide is the drag it creates on the mower. I am sure long term it will have affects on the motor, so I just order a casting sulky. It doenst swivel around alot like the normal sulkys. The wheels are casters and basically just add a extension to the rear of the machine. Hopefully it comes in a day or 2 and I will post some results...

    DAVESDLUX LawnSite Member
    Messages: 6

    I just looked on e-bay and I couldn't find any pro-slides. I looked under mowers and parts and accessories. Are they actually called pro-slides or do they have a different brand name. Also do any of you know of any websites where I can find these besides e-bay. Thanks Dave
  9. ztoro

    ztoro LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 735

    this is a link to the guy that sells them... you can email him and see if he has any left
  10. out4now

    out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ
    Messages: 1,796

    Sounds like a slider.

Share This Page