1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

They caught me slipping.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kickin Your Grass, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like the scum of the earth caught me slipping. I forgot to put the lock on my cage(on the trailer) yesterday and I went out this morning to find one BR-420 and two FS-85's gone. They were nice enough to leave me the 5 year old BR-320. Im wondering If I should make a police report and claim it on my insurance or take the lick for having a stupid moment.

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Put the lock back on and then break it off then call the police and your insurance. :drinkup:

3. Coreyb

Coreyb LawnSite Member

you don't need a broken lock to report it or file a claim. just because something is not locked does not mean it's okay for some ******* to steal it. you have more than a $1000 of equipment gone. if your deductable is 500 you should have 500 coming back to you.

4. Quail Creek LC

Quail Creek LC LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

What CoreyB said:usflag: This is why we have insurance, Right???? Alway file a police report, cause you never know, they may happen to get lucky and catch the guy:drinkup:

5. Kickin Your Grass

Stihl BR-420 SN#260439112 Purchase Date: 7/9/03 $390.00 w/ Tax

Stihl FS-85 SN#261677390 Purchase Date: 5/24/05 $326.00 w/ Tax

Stihl FS-85 SN#261677390 Purchase Date: 5/25/05 $326.00 w/ Tax

My deductable is $400.00. I wonder what the value will be after depreciation.

6. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

$399.99 --WILLING TO BET
    Sorry about the loss..

And check your #'s you bought the same trimmer two days in a row

7. Kickin Your Grass

I bought one for my self and I went back and got another the next day for my employee.

8. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I understand that but the #'s are the same-- get the other # if you do a report.:)

9. Kickin Your Grass

Got ya! Thanks

Stihl FS-85 SN#261677374 Purchase Date: 5/24/05 $326.00 w/ Tax

10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

My equipment is insured for REPLACEMENT VALUE. Even if my ZTR is 10 years old and worth $500 I will get $9300 for replacement if it gets stolen :D. You should make sure you are insured for replacement and not value at the time of incident.

Cheers
    Jeff