1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Thief caught, owner in trouble?

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by Rockchoplawn, Dec 2, 2017.

1. On a call

On a call LawnSite Gold Member

My truck was broken into 3 times, pretty much knew it was a neighbor.

The last time it happened I called the police to make a report. While the officer was there I asked what if I trap him ( I trap animals and have some beaver traps and was going to bolt one down and make a set under my seat ). He said no way...you might face entrapment charges.

I did ask another cop who said go for it...you have a right to protect your property. I never did it...and have never been broken into again.

However the thought of catching someone breaking into my truck and him being held puts a smile on my face.

Mark Stark, Rockchoplawn and hort101 like this.
  2. On a call

what if he had tackled him and tied him up ?

3. On a call

Remember...dead people cannot lie

DuallyVette likes this.
  4. On a call

I would have done the same.

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Lets keep Politics out of this thread or it will be moved to the Political forum. Thanks

Rockchoplawn likes this.
  6. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

Way back in the late 60's, we had a gravity feed fuel tank on the farm. Pop thought someone was steeling fuel while everyone was away. He wired it so that if you touched the nozzle without turning it off in the shed, you got a real jolt. Never had fuel stolen after that.

I recall when 8 track players 1st came out, cars were broken into and the players ripped from under the dash all the time. The urban legend was that people soldered razor blades to the back underside, several of my friends got the nickname of stumpy.

RussellB likes this.
  7. Babaganoosh

Babaganoosh LawnSite Member

8. On a call

Okay...ideas have been embedded

9. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Senior Member

Aside from disturbing the scene of the crime I can see why this would bother them.

Imagine if you worked at the station and people regularly came by with prisoners they claimed were stealing.

Can they really just assume that everyone that gets locked in a trailer is a thief? I can see some potential for abuse if we start making that assumption! :laugh:

Rockchoplawn likes this.
  10. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Gold Member

I would drive them to like the middle Montana and let them out in the dark, in the middle of the woods ! Your new hood guy's !!

On a call likes this.