Things I am doing right now...

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by David Gretzmier, Jul 20, 2009.

1. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

Not sleeping :) It's gun show season so I am spending some time at shows selling our LED flashlights and batteries.
    This weekend will be nice because it's a local show so I can hand out some decorating fliers.

2. OP
    OP
    David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Our website goes up in week or so, but not much on Christmas lights, mostly landscape lighting.

3. OP
    OP
    David Gretzmier

t-shirts designed,ordered and paid for, waiting to arrive. went with "oxford grey" and red lettering on back. big "Christmas Light Install Crew" on back. great deal on ebay- color shirt, includes set up, silk screen printing and shipping, 100 shirts, 350 bucks.

4. addictedtolandscaping

addictedtolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Hey Dave:

can you send me the item number, that is fantastic.

Got word from design8 in Omaha, proofs are all set, both trucks the graphics are less than 1500. $9 a sf, a little pricey, but about what it would be here, however, much more productive. Still waiting for the company I used to deal with here to get back to me again. The deisnger said it would be Monday, i assumed last Monday, foolish me didn;t pay close enough attention, she never specified what year.

LOL

5. TexasFire221

TexasFire221 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

What store on eBay?

6. OP
    OP
    David Gretzmier

do a search for custom t-shirts on ebay, and put in 100 in your search. it'll show up.

7. addictedtolandscaping

from NY

Great thanks Dave.

The shirts from HBL are going to be ordered the beginning of Sept. which I understand gets a better discount so they can pass the pricing along. I just want to get this scratched off the list as well. I figure if we start wearing them now, it will spark questions and then out go the cards, meeting gets scheduled, out go the catalogs and in comes the sale, at least it sounds good.

The cards are done and received, the HBL cards any how. scratch form list

Ordered the yard signs through the HBL August special when I spoke to Mike today. scratch from list

The graphics are going to be shipped form Design8 the beginning of next week, and will be contacting sign a rama (recommended installer here for 3M) to schedule trucks, then the marketing should be set. scratch from list

Direct mailer will go out through HBL October, and November. scratch from list

Old catalogs in stock, and soon as we get burning through the old ones, will order the new ones, amazing difference, definitely want to have them for residential calls.

Work order and inventory template downloaded and will be printed next week.

Still feeling like there are thousands of things to get accomplished.

8. OP
    OP
    David Gretzmier

Yeah, I have thousands of things to do as well, but Iam more prepared this year than ever.

I am preparing to do my Christmas Light Olympics on Oct. 24 and 25. It will be a 4 station interview process for installers. One station each for:carrying a 4 foot wreath up a 36 foot ladders ( timed ) gathering 4 flags on a shingled roof, installing a 15 foot section of c-9's on that roof, and a 10 foot section of c-9's on that 36 foot ladder. also a written application and a timed intelligence test on adding amps and following driving directions. Last year I had over 90 guys call for a job on one ad for installers, everyone that wants a job will have to show up on a Saturday or sunday and go though this series of tasks, along with bringing references with phone numbers and passing the written stuff. I am done with hiring guys who say they can handle heights, lift 50 pounds and add up amps, they now have to prove it before I will hire them. we'll see if it leads to better employees.

9. addictedtolandscaping

from NY

10. OP
    OP
    David Gretzmier

Website looks awesome. I love the photo scroller. It kills me you are brand new at this and your website is way cooler than mine. how much did it cost you in design and then how much monthly to host?