Things I cannot stand hearing from customers or have heard..

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by North Idaho Dream, Jun 23, 2017.

1. North Idaho Dream

North Idaho Dream LawnSite Silver Member

1. "Your guys were only on my lawn for 7 minutes!! How can you possibly do a decent job in 7 minutes?" (Good. I buy the best equipment for efficiency. I did your lawn in 7 minutes last year and you never had a complaint.)

2. "My last guy....(fill in the blank)"

3. "You want to charge me how much? What happened to kids these days doing things for free?"

4. "I am not paying that....You do not even mow the jobs. You pay people to do it!" (I have a route and yes I pay my EMPLOYEES to do other routes.)

5. "What did you spray on my trees? They are so sticky!" (It is called sap and I was not hired to spray your trees.)

6. "I am going to pay you what you are worth you did not even get off your mower, except to trim." (This yard was about 3000 square feet and every bit 3 feet tall.)

7. I was in the middle, literally in the middle, of mowing a lawn and a neighbor came out waving me to stop. She pointed to the other half of the lawn and said in a seriously pissed off tone, "Are you going to finish that part or just leave?" I had no words, just laughed and started my blades up again.

8. "I TOLD YOU TO MOW MY LAWN WITH A MOWER!!" meanwhile clapping her hands at me. ("Umm, this is a mower." I was on a 42 inch Walker.)

9. This one is funny and am sure moat guys would not mind. One time my husband was mowing a lawn. The owner came out in her robe. She shouted at him and the other guy, "When my lawn looks good. I feel good!" She then opened her robe showing them EVERYTHING! Lol!

I am sure I will think of more later. I would love to hear from my fellow lawn enthusiasts!! GO!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  2. Nick's Lawn Service

Nick's Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

1. Q: Im just calling to make sure your still going be mowing my lawn tomorrow.

Yes. (Just as we have been doing all season)

3. North Idaho Dream

It's been raining all week but why did you not come today to mow my lawn?

4. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Silver Member

Cut it shorter it's almost like you didn't even mow four days later.
    Wanna reply I know it's like the grass is growing or something?

5. Wye Oak Tree

Wye Oak Tree LawnSite Silver Member

And the dreaded words "Can you cut it every other week?"

6. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Customer: Will you please quit intentionally blowing weed seeds in my flower bed?

Me: I don't blow anything into your flower beds, as a matter of fact, I actually blow whatever gets in there from trimming around them, out into your yard.

Customer: Well, I keep getting weeds and would like you to stop doing whatever your doing that causes it.

Me: I'm not doing anything to cause it, just the opposite but I'll stop trimming around your flower beds and blowing them out. You might give mother nature a heads up that you would like the wind, rain, and sun to stop as well.

7. North Idaho Dream

Haha! Definitely heard this a time or two. I swear they think the bed borders (concrete or blackstrip) are somehow magical barriers and that grass does not travel under or around them.

maelawncare and kemco like this.
  8. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Florida

How much? I'm on a fixed income.

9. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Silver Member
    from Chicago

Last year I had a conversation with a client went something like this-

Client: I like the way my yard looks but don't know why it's not growing.

Me: It's growing just fine is there a spot you can show me your seeing this problem?

Client: The whole yard it seems to be the same height all the time it never gets long like my neighbors ( points across street).

Me: Yes it never looks like your neighbors because I come by and cut it each week.

10. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Can you cut it shorter? It doesn't look cut.:dizzy: