1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Things we have ran over

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerdude777, Jun 8, 2009.

1. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you say a Chevy engine?:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: Please explain! And boy I am glad I dont work for you, if your running employees over. Sure would be a sight to see:laugh:

2. beegreenlandcare

beegreenlandcare LawnSite Member

Ya, I wanna hear about the employee too! Did he live:rolleyes:

3. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I want to hear about the toro

4. lawngreen1

lawngreen1 LawnSite Member

The worst thing to hit is Dog Poo that is sitting right next to a wall or fence - Now I challenge anyone to trim the grass along the wall or fence with a whipper snipper (weed eater, or whatever you yanks call it) without spraying fresh dog poo around!

Just a thought!

5. ToolCatCruzer

ToolCatCruzer LawnSite Member

Baseballs area always fun, you peel them right open, while out mowing with my new Toro G.S the last thing a dove saw was my deck...talk about a poof of feathers. and a T post with my brushcat is prolly the funniest....cut that thing in 3 pieces. told the boss the next day and all he said was cool.

6. SEMI-RETIRED

SEMI-RETIRED LawnSite Member

When we are mowing around bulkheads, my wife does it with a 22" push mower so
    i don't get over the edge with the ztr LOL..
    Well she went over the edge with the push, hit the bolthead that ties the bulkhead
    together and bent the blade u shapped, bent the crank also, so junk mower LOL..
    Garden hoses, golf balls, u name it..

When i do brush hog jobs i allways ask the people, anything out in the field, allways
    the same answer NAH...
    Rebar, washers & dryers, water tanks, septic lids, car parts etc..
    Usually see the bigger stuff in time, if its real high, i just back thru to keep from
    running the tractor up on something..

Every days a challenge isn't it ???

7. mowerdude777

I almost hit a smalol trash bag yester day

8. CrystalCreek

The absolutely worst thing I ever hit was a loaded diaper. Didn't see it and BAMB. Poo everywhere. Worst part was it was wrapped around the spindles. I had to get doctor gloves with leather gloves over just to be safe. I WAS PISSED!!!!! Customer was IMMEDIATELY FIRED!!!! I love kids, but why do they have to sh*t. Actually, the kid wasn't the problem, the parents were. Hopefully no one ever has to deal with poopy diapers, unless their your own kids of course.:cry::cry:

9. mowerdude777

Yep that does sound pretty nasty man, was it on a rider or a wb?

10. CrystalCreek

It was on my walker. I have shreded newpapers to pieces with this mower, but a poopy diaper brought the blades to a grinding halt. At least it never tangled with the internal blower.