Lawn Care Forum banner

Thinking of buying a couple new ZTR's. Any recommendations?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Mountain Peak 
#1 ·
I have two old Scag STHM Kohler 20HP 61" front deck tripod mowers, real old, like 'em a lot though. Business is good and I got a new office park customer, and I am thinking about getting a couple of ZTRs. Kinda lookin' over the new Hustlers or else a Scag Turf Tiger. Somebody want to open a can of worms for me and make a recommendation? I've seen some inexpensive models out there, need reliable but not necessarily high dollar. Just 'coz its expensive don't make it better.

#4 ·
personally i think the hustlers are better i demoed ex mark and the hustler i also have the three wheel scag right now. ex mark had the cleaner cut but by the time u double cut with a hustler it looks ten times better the the exmark. but the best thing to do is go demo both of them

#6 ·
I just bought a new Hustler, awesome!!! The only piece of advice I can really give you is find a good, close dealer that will give you good support. Whether they have Exmark, Toro, or Hustler, you really can't go wrong. Do a couple searches around the board here and see what else you come up with. I chose the Hustler because of input from this site and how well the dealer treats me. Good dealer support is worth its weight in gold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.