Thinking of opening a Nursery

raish05

LawnSite Member
hey guys question for you. if you had the chance to buy a nursery would you guys do it to help with your lawn mowing and landscaping business? if i were to buy it i get clients, 3 cold frames and all there inventory. my wife would be able to work it.

OP
R

raish05

LawnSite Member
Sounds like an exciting opportunity.
If you feel comfortable with your knowledge give it a whirl!
Good luck with your decision .
Posted via Mobile Device
My dad when I mentioned it to him being were in business together asked me why more landscape companies don't have there own if its that good.
Posted via Mobile Device

agrostis

LawnSite Gold Member
3 cold frame's, that's it? Or do you mean something that's like a greenhouse? When i think of a cold frame i think of something 10 feet long by 3 feet wide by 2 feet high. What would you grow?

OP
R

raish05

LawnSite Member
3 cold frame's, that's it? Or do you mean something that's like a greenhouse? When i think of a cold frame i think of something 10 feet long by 3 feet wide by 2 feet high. What would you grow?
No one is 20×96 , 16×96 , 16×32
Posted via Mobile Device
Its all container stock

WenzelOSLLC

LawnSite Senior Member
Sounds like an exciting opportunity.
If you feel comfortable with your knowledge give it a whirl!
Good luck with your decision .
Posted via Mobile Device
My dad when I mentioned it to him being were in business together asked me why more landscape companies don't have there own if its that good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mostly because it means more work to do. Its another business to run.

DaveyBlue32

LawnSite Member
Posted via Mobile Device

*** selling plants you pay $3. Dollars for in 2-3 years for $50. Plus planting will confirm that It's a good idea. Irrigation's on a timer...man. 72 ct. Plugs into 1 gal. Pots make you $10. Per in a couple months.... Cuttings make free plants. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Forums