Thinking of switching to a Stihl FS100RX from a FS130

HudsonBrosLawnCare

LawnSite Member
I've been using a FS130 for years. I love them! I string edge and do a lot of heavy trimming along with a ton of residential stuff. I love the power, because a FS90 just doesn't have enough oomph for me. Anyways. This year I have so much work I can barely handle it. I've found myself and my crews working much longer days than we were used to. The FS130 has never bothered me before, but with these long days it's killing my shoulders. My wife was trying to work the knots out and she said my shoulder is all swollen and she tried icing it down. I'm thinking of picking up a FS100RX for power and lightweight. I just don't want to spend the money if it's not gonna fix the problem. What do you guys think? Will I be satisfied with the power? And is it light enough to help make a difference with my shoulder swelling?

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
I used the 100RX for years but picked up a 94 this year and prefer it over the 100. You mention heavy trimming, not sure what you mean by that but maybe use the 130 for the really tough stuff and the 94 for light/med maintained areas.

williams lcm

LawnSite Bronze Member
I love my fs100rx but may buy fs94. These guys say its lighter and has plenty of power...plus I can put an edgit disk on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
I love my fs100rx but may buy fs94. These guys say its lighter and has plenty of power...plus I can put an edgit disk on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I use the Edgit also for years, can't imagine life without it. 94 def lighter than 100rx

billpiper

LawnSite Member
I've been using a FS130 for years. I love them! I string edge and do a lot of heavy trimming along with a ton of residential stuff. I love the power, because a FS90 just doesn't have enough oomph for me. Anyways. This year I have so much work I can barely handle it. I've found myself and my crews working much longer days than we were used to. The FS130 has never bothered me before, but with these long days it's killing my shoulders. My wife was trying to work the knots out and she said my shoulder is all swollen and she tried icing it down. I'm thinking of picking up a FS100RX for power and lightweight. I just don't want to spend the money if it's not gonna fix the problem. What do you guys think? Will I be satisfied with the power? And is it light enough to help make a difference with my shoulder swelling?

Been running fs 100rx for 3 seasons. Love it. Light, never felt like it didn't have enough power.have a km 130 for edging , brush busting and pruning limbs. Love the power, but it's HEAVY.
Posted via Mobile Device

herler

LawnSite Fanatic
I hope that swelling in your shoulder isn't bursitis.
Now if you're young it might be acute bursitis too, which isn't as bad.

I have it in my right elbow and it's chronic, I mean it doesn't go away, it just gets better and worse.
Ice packs every day, and lots of Ibuprofen.
I got it working hard during the recession years.
Eventually I'm going to have to go see a doctor, probably by next year.

Unfortunately it won't get better, I have known for a few months that my days are likely numbered.
It doesn't kill you but it gets so bad we can't work.
I just don't know how long I have, two years, five, ten...
Probably not 20...

Last edited:
OP
H

HudsonBrosLawnCare

LawnSite Member
I'm 22. I hope that's not what it is.

I hope that swelling in your shoulder isn't bursitis.
Now if you're young it might be acute bursitis too, which isn't as bad.

I have it in my right elbow and it's chronic, I mean it doesn't go away, it just gets better and worse.
Ice packs every day, and lots of Ibuprofen.
I got it working hard during the recession years.
Eventually I'm going to have to go see a doctor, probably by next year.

Unfortunately it won't get better, I have known for a few months that my days are likely numbered.
It doesn't kill you but it gets so bad we can't work.
I just don't know how long I have, two years, five, ten...
Probably not 20...

cuttenup

LawnSite Member
I use my fs100 for daily trimming and love it. It has plenty of power for most anything and is light enough to use all day. I carry my km130 with me though just in case the 100 goes down or I have to knock something down that is really over grown. I have used the 130 a time or to all day just to do it but by the end of the day I was ready to hang it up.

Top Forums