Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres a guy across the street that has a mountain of redmax blowers he gets from work and rebuilds the engines. Hes offering one thats like brand new for 100 bucks. I dont know the model, all I know is its like 50cc and its in almost mint condition, starts on 1 pull. Sound like a good deal? If so, how much do you think its REALLY worth?

·
Registered
835 Posts
20cc @ 208 MPH ????????? ughhhhh the big redmax 7000 is only like 201mph ?????? Homelite must be onto something ???

Got a question for you .. Seriously.. Trash pump ?? what is that .. I have seen that mentioned before , but dont really know what it is or what its for ??? is it like some kind of trash compactor thing ???

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by SCAPEASAURUSREX
20cc @ 208 MPH ????????? ughhhhh the big redmax 7000 is only like 201mph ?????? Homelite must be onto something ???

Got a question for you .. Seriously.. Trash pump ?? what is that .. I have seen that mentioned before , but dont really know what it is or what its for ??? is it like some kind of trash compactor thing ???
Well, I dono what to tell you, thats what it says on the side of the blower housing :rolleyes: It doesnt have a lot of air volume behind the push though. (Which i think they just said its 208 MPH for a selling point, but the impeler doesnt suck in enough air to push quanity out or something like that :confused: Didnt make it, dono.)

A TRASH PUMP is a pump that will handle leaves and larger derbis that most pumps cant. I do pond installs and stuff, and I also clean out ponds. Good money:D

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
The 43's are the smaller ones to the 700 or 7001's

not a bad blower. We had them, never did anything to them for a couple years, just kept starting and running. Then they finaly just died and never tried fixing them, went right into the 700's

the 43's series if I remember correctly they were about $340 or so.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Originally posted by The Lawn Boy Pro
Well, I FINALLY got a pic-here it is, in mint condition, the guy I bought it from put a NEW carb & piston assembly into it too. Thing run like a dream!
This looks like a 6200 blower. They work great - they're the predecessor of the 7000 series. The only real difference is in the air filter system. I'll take 2 more if they come w/ a warranty and if they ship to NJ. Have 5 - 6200's 1 7000, 1 7001, 1 431 and a new h-held too

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man guys! Ive got like 4 PM's about em, heres some more askin for blowers! I dont know if they are still for sale or not, theres people in and out of his driveway for equipment for sale everyday. He works at a Multi-million dollar apartment complex as the head equipment manager, and whatever they dump, he fixes and sells.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I went back over to the guys house, and He had one left. I decided to buy it. He said he'd have more in a little later in the year. I got the last one in COMPLETELY NEW engine (including carb, filter, da whole shabang) for $120.00 on-my-back. He said that it was used for 28 hours before a guy decided to rev the engine RPMs up more that intended, and burnt the engine. Well, I have to say, the one I just bought today is in even better condition compared to the pic above! Man, I LOVE redmax:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.