Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this guy has been standing in front of the 7 elven (where day laborers congregate) in my town every morning for over a year and a half. I am not sure that I agree with all his views. Last year he would yell at me while i was in a company truck with my legal Guatemalan helper saying we shouldn't't hire illegal workers.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Banned
4,461 Posts
this guy has been standing in front of the 7 elven (where day laborers congregate) in my town every morning for over a year and a half. I am not sure that I agree with all his views. Last year he would yell at me while i was in a company truck with my legal Guatemalan helper saying we shouldn't't hire illegal workers.
technically that's true. But its not just Mexicans. There are plenty of illegal immigrants in this country that are from other countries besides Mexico. I'm not sure how long or what it takes to gain US citizenship.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
The zeal is all misdirected in my poor humble opinion. Do you really BELIEVE the government CAN'T fix it? This is a matter of won't, not can't. You want immigration and labor reform, your going to have to pony up and pay the piper. Big Business and Government have silently condoned the supplementing of our labor force for a VERY long time. The result is the monster we have today.

The average LEGAL worker simply will NOT work. They want to start at the top and work their way up. Actual labor is beneath them. The news is full of stories of how illegals are sucking our welfare and school systems dry, BUT................Many of you here are employers. To actually write a payroll check in this day and age, you have to have a I-9. Social Security MIGHT contact you once every six months to re-verify the SS number because it doesn't match (I've seen this happen, but nobody comes to check when you keep sending in the FICA payments to that number).

They are saying 30 MILLION illegals WORKING here in the USofA. They filled out an I-9 and a W-4 to get paid.............most likely at Single 0 or possibly Single 1. My son loses almost 25% of his earnings at Single 1. HE gets it back at tax time because he is a dependent, etc., etc. The illegal worker making minimum wage will easily make 10K and Uncle keeps 2K on average? Multiply that by 30 MILLION and tell me how we can afford to let them be legal? If they have valid green cards, they file taxes as Mexican nationals and get almost all of that money back!! Don't blame the guy who leaves his family to make 10 years wages in 24 months. Blame the government that perpetuates it and LETS it happen.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I counted 35 to 40 Latino day laborers in front of the Home Depot as I drove by this AM at 8:30 in Cupertino... just a few blocks from the Apple world headquarters... there were still about 15 at 12:30...

They have outlawed them in neighboring cities of San Jose and Campbell, and some stores have security guards in front to make sure they don't get past the sidewalk.

But they keep coming.... they stand out there 7 days a week, and someone is hiring them.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
i found one of my guys at a day labor place.

he is legal, and hes the hardest working guy ive ever met.

10bucks an hour, doing whatever we need done. the guy is a machine.

if you paid me $200 an hour, I still couldnt work as hard as he does.

People in Honduras make 70 cents an hour.

labor/immigration/pay roll for labors>>>> an issue that I dont feel will ever get resolved. most people dont understand what all is involved. I know I dont understand every aspect. But there is no simple bandaid fix for the fustercluck we are in. thats for sure.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The zeal is all misdirected in my poor humble opinion. Do you really BELIEVE the government CAN'T fix it? This is a matter of won't, not can't. You want immigration and labor reform, your going to have to pony up and pay the piper. Big Business and Government have silently condoned the supplementing of our labor force for a VERY long time. The result is the monster we have today.

The average LEGAL worker simply will NOT work. They want to start at the top and work their way up. Actual labor is beneath them. The news is full of stories of how illegals are sucking our welfare and school systems dry, BUT................Many of you here are employers. To actually write a payroll check in this day and age, you have to have a I-9. Social Security MIGHT contact you once every six months to re-verify the SS number because it doesn't match (I've seen this happen, but nobody comes to check when you keep sending in the FICA payments to that number).

They are saying 30 MILLION illegals WORKING here in the USofA. They filled out an I-9 and a W-4 to get paid.............most likely at Single 0 or possibly Single 1. My son loses almost 25% of his earnings at Single 1. HE gets it back at tax time because he is a dependent, etc., etc. The illegal worker making minimum wage will easily make 10K and Uncle keeps 2K on average? Multiply that by 30 MILLION and tell me how we can afford to let them be legal? If they have valid green cards, they file taxes as Mexican nationals and get almost all of that money back!! Don't blame the guy who leaves his family to make 10 years wages in 24 months. Blame the government that perpetuates it and LETS it happen.
Anyone without the matching s.s. numbers that i have seen, file married and 5 dependants. Even if there 18 years old. They know the system better then me and use it. If they go to a hospital a fake address is given along with matching s.s. number and anything else to not get a bill. I do believe the problem could be handled by the government. In Rhode Island the police wont report people they know are illegal to the I.N.S. saying its not there job.
I thought a cop has to police all crimes not just ones they agree with.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Anyone without the matching s.s. numbers that i have seen, file married and 5 dependants. Even if there 18 years old. They know the system better then me and use it. If they go to a hospital a fake address is given along with matching s.s. number and anything else to not get a bill. I do believe the problem could be handled by the government. In Rhode Island the police wont report people they know are illegal to the I.N.S. saying its not there job.
I thought a cop has to police all crimes not just ones they agree with.
And you just accepted the W-4 that said married 5 for a kid that can barely shave? and its his fault? What I LOVE about America. I've helped the boys fill out I-9's and I've taken I-9's. I don't sign for ones that say 123-45-6789. I don't just accept married with children on the W-4 (I don't know why I really care, this part isn't a crime, but it galls me enough to ask twice about the spouse and little ones). If the papers look good, and the guy works hard, I've done what I am supposed to do. Many a Texas worker has told me you can get a DL (state of choice), SS#, and green card for $150 (this was a few years ago, but some KC workers said the same). I was told a DL w/ magnetic would cost you double for the package. The system is making the forgers rich.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Home Depot-----HOME DEPOT---- YEAH RIGHT....
Let me tell you whats going on with Home Depot and the illegal Mexicans. They have a law suit againt Home Depot because they wont put up a covered awning in front of thier store so they can sit under it and wait for work... Aint that some crap. The U.S. legal system should say HELL NO. instead they are going to court over it. WHAT PART OF ILLEGAL does the government not understand???????????
Im telling you . Its the Fall of the American impire.
I cant wait till I retire. I'm the HELL out of this ****TY country. Get rid of the illegals and the foreigners and our jailswill be empty.

·
Registered
59,974 Posts
Home Depot-----HOME DEPOT---- YEAH RIGHT....
Let me tell you whats going on with Home Depot and the illegal Mexicans. They have a law suit againt Home Depot because they wont put up a covered awning in front of thier store so they can sit under it and wait for work... Aint that some crap. The U.S. legal system should say HELL NO. instead they are going to court over it. WHAT PART OF ILLEGAL does the government not understand???????????
Im telling you . Its the Fall of the American impire.
I cant wait till I retire. I'm the HELL out of this poopy country. Get rid of the illegals and the foreigners and our jailswill be empty.
Oh, sure. All native-born American citizens are entirely without criminal intent.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Its clear that you live in a town or city uninhabitated by the worthless scum that we have here in Central Florida. Its so bad thay have legalized public intoxication, prostitution after 7:30 at night ect ect. Watching the news here is like watching COPS. Nothing but crime and the majority of it is from the OTHER NATIONALITY. Im not try ing to start a war here. All im saying is that 100s of thousands of men died for this country and look where our conutry is heading. You have to be a minority to get anything from the government. Im not asking for a hand out or anything like that Im just saying that its time to put a stop to the illegal crap going on.
I think all retired Vets should be required to pull a 6 month guard post on the southern border. They will be givin strict orders not to fire on southbound aliens.

·
Registered
54 Posts
And you just accepted the W-4 that said married 5 for a kid that can barely shave? and its his fault? What I LOVE about America. I've helped the boys fill out I-9's and I've taken I-9's. I don't sign for ones that say 123-45-6789. I don't just accept married with children on the W-4 (I don't know why I really care, this part isn't a crime, but it galls me enough to ask twice about the spouse and little ones). If the papers look good, and the guy works hard, I've done what I am supposed to do. Many a Texas worker has told me you can get a DL (state of choice), SS#, and green card for $150 (this was a few years ago, but some KC workers said the same). I was told a DL w/ magnetic would cost you double for the package. The system is making the forgers rich.
I don't think its your decision what someone wants to claim. All it really tells you as an employer is they don't want to make a free loan of their money to the government. Taxes are due April 15 not before, if you want to collect interest and pay then, okay by me. I personally am not in a position to make the decisions you are talking about but your diligence is impressive.

·
Banned
3,159 Posts
Its clear that you live in a town or city uninhabitated by the worthless scum that we have here in Central Florida. Its so bad thay have legalized public intoxication, prostitution after 7:30 at night ect ect. Watching the news here is like watching COPS. Nothing but crime and the majority of it is from the OTHER NATIONALITY.
We had a huge influx of "Way South Southerners" after hurricanes Ivan and Dennis, mostly by guys who just wanted the work. The 2 Guatemalans I had working with me last year were unbelievable - they were here early, sober and ready to work, wore us out all day, and were the last ones to get in the truck at quitting time. No whining, no macho bullcrap (better language use, eh Mike?), and an unbelievable work ethic. And yes, they did have I-9's and work visas. I don't have enough experience to know if the docs were real or forged, but I know the workers were UNreal.
Pretty pitiful reflection on the state of the American laborer, who doesn't really want to work anyway, just show up Friday for a check. I know - I've fired plenty of them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.