• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

This is a 45 degree angle

dfor

LawnSite Senior Member
I don't cut many hills, but I would be impressed to see any mower handle a 45 degree.

45_degree_angle_bw_slice_r2_c1.gif

battags

LawnSite Senior Member
Amen to that!

I've mowed many hills that I thought were much steeper than they actually were. It always seems much more dramatic when you walk "crooked" all day mowing a hill and then hit the flat stuff. Your ankles don't know what to do....

B

dvmcmrhp52

LawnSite Platinum Member
You mow top to bottom or bottom to top.
They got these things called retention ponds that we do.LOL!

edit: You won't do it on a morning with heavy dew!

Kelly's Landscaping

LawnSite Platinum Member
We got that and iv had a few a little steeper 40-45 degrees I will do with my lazer anything worse is WB. 60-70 degrees and yes I have some of that is pure weedwacker. Yes morning dew is a major factor to consider also turf quality and thickness if its thin don't try to mow on that angle or your rip and slide off the hill.

I do have a bagging system on my Lazer so it has front weights and thats why I can cut steep hills with out them your nutts you gota keep the front down. Only time iv ever had a problem doing a steep hill with a ZTR in this case a 35 degree hill. Was I'm cutting long wise up and down I am on my way down and run out of gas in one of my 2 tanks. That sucked no power free falling down the hill while I restarted it with the other tank as fast as I could.

Other thing to consider if you have the guts to cut a steep hill is back down it do not go forward down it because you can't stop as easily.

nelbuts

LawnSite Bronze Member
Start at bottom and work up.

I have cut a short bank about four passes at least that steep. Someday if I think of it I will take a pic. It works you to death though. And never wet.

captken

LawnSite Bronze Member
YOUR pictures of mowers at impossible angles...The following is typical of mowing here...and it gets better....I'll post pics of a Hustler mowing exteme angles on Friday...thats when I mow this ghetto property for a realitor friend of mine...till then....

PS. there must be something vertical in the frame for reference.

joey on levee.jpg