1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

This is Cool

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jazak, Aug 6, 2006.

1. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Thats awesome. I want one.

That would also be good for someone with a E-250 or 2500/3500Van and have to bag grass

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Great idea, but not very practical IMO. The trailer is rated at 15K gvw but that rear gate looks pretty flimsy. you would need a very HD truck for that with 4K lbs on the tongue. You would fast approach a CDL license if you had anyting in the tow vehicle too. Seems a little dangerous for a 2+5/16 ball too; I know I would certainly prefer a pintle.

4. tylermckee

tylermckee LawnSite Member
    from wa

I could just see a guy running down the road with that trailer with 3 yards of rock in the dump and a 10,000 lb mini ex on the back. I could see how it would work great for a mowing crew as clipings are light, but you start putting dirt/rock in the dump and the front tires will be lifting off the ground with all that tounge weight.

5. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

wow, that should ride like crap.......neat though

6. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

That was neat, do they make a side dump for on 1 ton trucks etc. I thought i seen a side dump on something else and couldnt remember what it was.
    Mike

7. jazak

from NJ

They make a gooseneck version to. I would only buy it for a lawn/ leaf cleanups.

8. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

I saw those too. It was a side dumping mason body with a van type cab. The first thing I would do is swap out that ball for a pintle too. And I don't know where you guys get loaded, but the yards I go to only have 5-7t front end loaders. They wouldn't even try to load that trailer.

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

i emailed them for a price quote a few months ago, i forget what it was but i do remember it being very reasonable for what your getting for a trailer

10. jazak

from NJ

They start at $7 for their 14' on up to $8K for their 22'.