This system

GreenLawn51

LawnSite Member
Can someone school me on this setup. Well head is to the left out of image. System valve has been turned off with valve key. Valves are to the right of backflow out of image.

What I can't seem to figure out is where the blowout port in upper left is going or coming from. Is it running before or after the backflow?

fullsizeoutput_7dc.jpeg

magna111

LawnSite Senior Member
Can someone school me on this setup. Well head is to the left out of image. System valve has been turned off with valve key. Valves are to the right of backflow out of image.

What I can't seem to figure out is where the blowout port in upper left is going or coming from. Is it running before or after the backflow?

View attachment 389013
Your guess is as good as ours, put air to it and see if you have air to the first test port.

OP
GreenLawn51

GreenLawn51

LawnSite Member
Thanks Magna, I was just scratching my head about this one the other day. Do you think putting air to it at a low pressure with the valves closed, and cracking the test **** on the left would be the most efficient way to see what is going on here?

If I close both valves on the backflow and crack the water back on I could have a massive amount of water flowing.

magna111

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks Magna, I was just scratching my head about this one the other day. Do you think putting air to it at a low pressure with the valves closed, and cracking the test **** on the left would be the most efficient way to see what is going on here?

If I close both valves on the backflow and crack the water back on I could have a massive amount of water flowing.
You can always thread a couple reducers and a boiler drain into the female thread so you won’t flood things out.

OP
GreenLawn51

GreenLawn51

LawnSite Member
That's a good idea, I could put a ball valve on there. Turn the water back on with the backflow valves closed and see if I have water coming out of the blowout port.