1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

This would come under Pests,

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mikec_j, Apr 20, 2008.

  1. mikec_j

    mikec_j LawnSite Member
    Messages: 69

    I do some baisins that are overflows for storm water and 2 small ponds that flow in to a local nature center lake. The berms have ground hog borrows in them and the HOA wants to fill in the holes. So the burrows dont undermine the integrity of the berms. Any suggestions? I was thinking local animal control officer.
  2. Ric

    Ric LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 11,969


    Each state has different laws and removal or control of Fur bearing animals generally requires a permit of some kind. Filling the holes doesn't require a license or permit IMHO. But without removal of the creatures making the holes, you might have stead work.

    Look in your local phone book under Nuisances pest removal or trappers to find someone local who is experienced in these matters. You may want to call your state Forestry or Wild Life Bureau.

Share This Page