1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Thomas 25G mini skid

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by PlatinumLandCon, Aug 19, 2008.

1. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm looking into buying a Thomas 25G w/ 1406hrs. Kohler Command 25hp (blown head gasket), 2 speed hydro, std bucket, turf tires. All for $2500 delivered to my house. (Same model with ~1200 hrs is selling for $6800, newer one w/ 158hrs selling for $8500.)

First off, what do you think of the price and the unit?

Second, what sort of attachments can I get for this thing? Who makes mini skid attachments?

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Sounds like a good deal... if truly only the head gasket is blown. You might want to check and make sure you can get Thomas parts. I imagine for the money the Thomas would work good. I would buy all your attachments off ebay or craigslist. Buying attachments new is EXPENSIVE. I bought all my attachments used and have had great luck. I did buy my harley rake new... since I could never find a used one... cost me 6k... new attachments are just ridiculous.

What happened to the dingo 525? I am glad you are not leaning that way... I want a 525 as bad as you do, but I just can't justify it when my 5k tx425 just keeps hummin. I am going to wait till winter and try to find a Toro 220 for $2k or so just for a back-up.

You might want to check ironplanet.com as well. I saw some toro 420s go for like 4k.

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa