Thornton services lawn care landscaping leaf clean up removal morgantown wv

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THORNTON SERVICES LLC, Dec 25, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    THORNTON SERVICES LLC

THORNTON SERVICES LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I can't wait till summer lol I would much rather be cutting grass or landscaping.

20160129_050017.jpg

20160127_131603.jpg

20160127_131544.jpg

20160126_212752.jpg

20160126_212725.jpg

20160124_083042.jpg

20160123_193100.jpg

20160123_193044.jpg

2. OP
    OP
    THORNTON SERVICES LLC

I just do it myself but I finally put the sprayer on my other truck so I was able to pre treat with it , we got between 2 to 3 feet depending on the area. what about you guys how much snow did you get?

3. cutshortlandscaping

cutshortlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Almost 2 feet here where did you get the sprayer I want to get one for next year
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. OP
    OP
    THORNTON SERVICES LLC

The sprayer was a custom built skid sprayer I got through my supplier for the liquid product , depending on the product you are applying it may be good to check and see what the supplier recommends that way you get a warranty with it , but there is some nice aftermarket ones as well but I would not know what to recommend as this is the first sprayer I have owned kinda hard for me to say were it ranks among the others etc. I will say I like the liquid product it certainly has its place and hopefully over the next couple years I can use it to increase sales and provide better service to my current clients. Downside is the product is expensive.

5. cutshortlandscaping

I'm going to pm you for some info so I steal your thread
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. icebreaker

icebreaker LawnSite Member
    from nw pa

Not me wish it would snow 9 months out of the year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

? On your picture with the Fluid film what do you use it for and are u spraying it on the truck.

8. OP
    OP
    THORNTON SERVICES LLC

don't take me wrong I like snow to some degree but the hours of snow removal , temps , and well with lawn and landscape you can to some point schedule your stuff , with snow removal you go runing when it starts snowing and you don't stop until all the snow is gone lol so even that's ok for say first 24 hours or so but after 3 days straight with just couple hour bat naps here and there it really starts to suck for me if I could force myself to slow down some im shure I would enjoy it better but its not how I am programmed, I like a more steady approach like the lawn and landscape it drives me nuts like in dec im sitting there maintenancing stuff and not a lot of work so I start thinking and that is usually bad lol so im shure you know what I mean with lawn care I work 6 days a week till about 4 or so normally depending weather go till im tired ill get the rest tomorrow but with snow there is no stopping if you are sick or tired or if your kid has a doc appointment etc you just do it all , like I said snow is good in moderation and I enjoy it but usually snow is eather a feast or famine type thing and that factor for me is difficult kind makes it like work :dizzy:

9. OP
    OP
    THORNTON SERVICES LLC

I use fluid film for a lot of stuff its a great product , in the photos I am undercoating my plow truck with it , there is 2 different formulas of fluid film one is thicker than the other I use the thick one to spray on plows , undercoat, coat my chain drag spreader etc. works great the thinner kind I purchase In the aerosol can and use on locks , door hinges etc. Don't use as a undercoat on a new truck wait till the factory undercoat has wore off and you can start to see some rust then you can use it it does something to factory undercoats if you apply over them but I have never used it until I needed to mainly on the salt truck as they will rust out in a few years if you don't keep something on them.

10. cutshortlandscaping

what type spray gun do you used