Thornton services lawn care landscaping leaf clean up removal morgantown wv

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THORNTON SERVICES LLC, Dec 25, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    THORNTON SERVICES LLC

THORNTON SERVICES LLC LawnSite Senior Member

2. OP
    OP
    THORNTON SERVICES LLC

3. OP
    OP
    THORNTON SERVICES LLC

I AM ALREADY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS COMING SPRING , I HOPE WE GET SOME SNOW SOON WE HAVE BEEN PRITTY SLOW THIS WEEK SO FAR.

4. OP
    OP
    THORNTON SERVICES LLC

5. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

New 1-ton?

6. OP
    OP
    THORNTON SERVICES LLC

Yea got a 4 door with the duramax diesel it has a lot more power and pulls better , plus 4 door alot more comfortable since I have a helper in the truck now.

7. OP
    OP
    THORNTON SERVICES LLC

Helper truck totaled a couple weeks back lucky no one was hurt , I certainly have respect for those who run employee based businesses. 20170607_063013 resized.jpg 20170607_063807 resized.jpg push mower resized.jpg rear ramp gate resized.jpg

8. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

Yeah, accidents can happen at anytime...glad no one was hurt...I've always been worried about letting an employee drive, or even operate equipment on customers properties... one reason I've decided to just downsize and only take on what I can do myself...I'm a worrier anyway, so this takes that aspect out...not for everyone, but works for me..
    So, what trucks equipment are you running now, with the new 1-ton, did you sell your older one?

9. OP
    OP
    THORNTON SERVICES LLC

No I have the other 1 ton still , will keep as a main plow truck , as I do not want to plow with the new truck , the salt just destroys things really fast , now I use it to pull the smaller trailer I use to service the smaller accounts. I am restructuring things now to go back to a solo operation , this is my second attempt with employees and Its not my cup of tea eather , for me seems easier to do the work than the babysitting and deal with the crap , and for me if you factor in all the crap that gets broke or comes up missing I do not make much more money so plus I started doing this so I would not have to get a real job and when you have employees it becomes a lot lot work lol.

10. OP
    OP
    THORNTON SERVICES LLC

Some pics from this summer , back to doing the work myself as a solo operation now. The season for me is mainly over , mostly leaves now may do a few final cuts this month but most of the mowing is done , cleaning up leaves and waiting for snow. 20170409_105626.jpg 20170602_092858.jpg 20170615_114215.jpg 20170617_114539.jpg 20170621_140900.jpg DSC00006.jpg DSC00014.jpg