Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yep, I mulch everything, Even hedge clippings. I found it to be a challange to mulch Bahia at high speeds but no problem with St Augustine.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I only sharpen them every 2-3 days. But I dont have sand on any accounts(clean thick St Agustine). If I mow Bahaia I need to do it every day.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I mulch exclusively. Mostly St. Augustine grass. I start every morning with a set of razor sharp blades and mow 10-12 lawns before changing. I think mulching gives a cleaner looking cut.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wondering is anyone in Florida mulches in the summer. Ive never really tried it, might be somthing ill test out this year. Please post your findings on this matter.
st. augustine yes ... bahia no way ... for weekly mowings, maybe yes (I don't but may offer in the future) but if the grass has not been mowed in a while, now way ....

How often do you change blades?
subjective ... if you want a nice cut and care about the life span of your equipment, more often than you are probably doing ... if cutting st. augustine exclusively then not as much as bahia ... don't you love the feeling of freshly sharpened blades ...:D

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I also mulch exclusively and cut mostly Bahia with a few St. Augustine lawns. I deffinately prefer to mow St Augustine over Bahia any day. I also sharpen blades about every day or so depending on the amount of mowing I'm doing at the time.

·
Registered
187 Posts
TJLC

How is the mowing in your area? Alot of competition, growing economy? Did you check out the jobs offered by the guy from Punta Gorda? I have often thought of buying a small lot in your area or Punta Gorda to come down in the off season like everyone else and was just wondering. Thanks Matt

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im a long ways from Punta Gorda.And if I was there id take him on his offer. As for my area, it an old person hot bed. There not many good paying jobs. A lot of Golf Courses and a lot of lawn compaines.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Originally posted by muxx
TJLC

How is the mowing in your area? Alot of competition, growing economy? Did you check out the jobs offered by the guy from Punta Gorda? I have often thought of buying a small lot in your area or Punta Gorda to come down in the off season like everyone else and was just wondering. Thanks Matt
Yes, alot of lowballers and legit compitition, probally like everywhere else. No I didn't ckeck out the accounts offered by the guy you are talking about. The econony seems to be ok and there seems to be plenty of work. You can make a decent living down here mowing. Nothing compared to what guys are making up north, but decent. Oh, and nice weather too.

·
Banned
4,396 Posts
Am I going to have a problem mulching Bahia during the rainy summer season on lawns mowed weekly with a 48" Exmark Lazer Z HP with 23hp Kawi? I am experimenting now on my own lawn and it's handling it fine, though it dulls blades fast due to my sandy soil and tons of bare spots out back. But ti's not getting much rain and the fast growth isn't there. I am very pleased with how it's mulching St. Aug and am not as concerned about that since I've seen it do really well on some pretty darn tall stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.