• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Those that mow cementary's?

meets1

LawnSite Gold Member
First one for me. It is going well and I am glad I placed the bid I did cuz I am making some money at this point.

Question is, Memorial Day, the 28th of May. They want it looking good (which I agree) but if I wait till Saturday to mow - do ya think people will be placing flowers or should I mow late afternoon/early evening on Friday?

Never been to this point in the mowing years so a new question and I hope someone can direct me to what they do, how they do it or just plain tell me Friday!

Buckeye Lawncare

LawnSite Member
The two cemeteries that I mow have to be mowed within 4 days of all holidays, Mothers-Fathers Day, Memorial Day, and 4th of July. Therefore, I will probably mow late Thursday or Friday.

Midwest Lawn Services

LawnSite Member
The two cemeteries that I mow have to be mowed within 4 days of all holidays, Mothers-Fathers Day, Memorial Day, and 4th of July. Therefore, I will probably mow late Thursday or Friday.
Thats what I would expect.

dwlah

LawnSite Senior Member
I would go with a Thursday
Friday if I had to at the latest
Family members will start rolling thru usually on Friday late AM
I try to be done and gone by the start of the weekend
(dont have to stop and answer a lot of questions/avoid sections while they are decorating)
Some cemetaries also have Easter as one of the main days
May want to find out about it for next year

fargoboy

LawnSite Member
thursday if you want to avoid people. You got grass on my great grandfathers grave the last six years(you just lost 3 minutes of your time explaining that you didn't do it the last six years)

The Captain

LawnSite Senior Member
I want to be done and gone Friday evening. I'd say Thursday but with our rain and weather, I'm afraid it will look ragged and unmowed by Monday.

OP
M

meets1

LawnSite Gold Member
i am thinking at this point being completed by Friday evening. We have had rain, mowing twice a week, cool nights, 70 - low 80 degrees, perfect grass growing weather! I want it to look good come sunday/monday. Like I said first time for us to do this type of mowing so I have to get it right the first time!

regulator220

LawnSite Member
I will tell you another thing you need to think about is around here they put flags out at every military stone and that makes it a pain to weedeat it...

I would watch the weather and depends on how long it takes ya I would say Wednesday or Thursday but definitely not Saturday.