Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Great ad! Without any changes, I think that will work well.

However, just because you asked for feedback, I'll throw in a few things I read in Guerilla Marketing Handbook (a must-have book) for you to consider;

* Make sure you have a strong headline
* Your headline must either convey a benefit or intrigue the reader into reading more.
* Write your headline in news style, using words like, "Announcing" or "New"
* Emphasize the word FREE and repeat it when possible
* Announce a Free Offer
* Create a sense of urgency in the ad - like "Act Now"

·
Registered
236 Posts
Originally posted by jimlewis
Great ad! Without any changes, I think that will work well.

However, just because you asked for feedback, I'll throw in a few things I read in Guerilla Marketing Handbook (a must-have book) for you to consider;

* Make sure you have a strong headline
* Your headline must either convey a benefit or intrigue the reader into reading more.
* Write your headline in news style, using words like, "Announcing" or "New"
* Emphasize the word FREE and repeat it when possible
* Announce a Free Offer
* Create a sense of urgency in the ad - like "Act Now"
Hey Jim,

Is that Guerilla Marketing Handbook from Gary Halbert??? I was an understudy of his back when I had a marketing company... He knows his stuff...

What you are suggesting is that an ad be written to look like a news story... as "editorial" or that which "looks like editorial" gets up to 500% more readership... And yes getting attention (the headline) is the most important part... actually about 90% worth of importance!!! Maybe something like:

WARNING: Don't call any landscape company before you read this!

or

Announcing a sure fire way to have your grass Emerald Green within 24 hours!

There are five fundamentals in writing a good advertisement:

1) Get Attention
2) Show people and advantage
3) Prove it
4) Persuade them to GRASP the advantage
5) Ask for action....

Jeff... Good luck and let us know how it turns out... btw... I talked with Dee at Rock Solid and told her you were talking up the plugr on lawnsite... I got mine in last week and put a few hours on it... Nice aerator... Thanks for the advice... :)

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Simply put,.....Great ad. The advice, ALL the advice that Jim gave - is priceless. Incorporate some of this, and I hope you have someone available to answer your phone. Good luck with it, and PLEASE let us know how it turns out!:)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lugnut -- first. I thought about the bikini idea. But when I tried it on it seemed to be so stunning -- I was afrai people wouldn't be able to tear their eyes away from it and see the message. :D

I have tried to steer away from using price in this ad since I really am trying to find those customers who want high quality and not something cheap.

I can't compete with cheap -- Tru\Green and others have that market covered. However, I can compete with quality and knowledge and personal service!!!!!

Do you think it would be worth putting something in like Free Soil Test with every new customer? I usually do that anyway -- but I could just highlite it the ad.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Hi Hamons,

I think your ad looks great. One thing I wanted to point out is if you have a website, consider including it in your ad. It is a great way for your potential clients to find out more about you!

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Hi Jeff,

Well the idea is that if a potential customer finds two or more ads that deal with a service they are in need of, they may pull up the advertised website to learn more about your company. It's a great way to really show off your company's talents to potential customers. A potential customer may not use email to ask you further questions, but including a website gives you an edge over a competitor.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Shows a very professional image. Also believe in the free soil test/analysis. Might want to change from "aerations" to "aerating". The rest is fine...

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Jeff, you have a very professional looking ad!

Can I ask who made it? If you made, what program did you use?

I am getting ready to do some work for a guy and he wants to work a "trade" with me. He offered me a new computer, but I don't need that. I was thinking of a publishing software, but not sure what to get. Cost of the program is not important. I have MS Publisher, but looking for something more professional and versatile.

Thanks
MATT

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
I think it looks great. (even without a bikini). Give it a try. You can always change the ad the next time if needed.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had it done by a great graphics designer Ihave worked with before. We do all our work online -- never even meet in person.

I think he has a lot of talent. You can check out some of his work at http://www.imdesigngroup.com/

I like the ideas fellas. i think I willa sk him to incorporate a free soil analysis into the ad somewhere.

Keep the ideas coming!

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Ken made a good point about limiting yourself to a 4-step program. I started out witha 4-step program and since try to push a 6-step program.

MATT

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Appreciate the responses -- I have sent a list of revisions to my graphics guy -

Told him to remove the 4 step from lawn apps and to change aerations to aerating. Also asked him to play around with adding something that says Free Soil Analysis for new customers.

I'll post the revision as soon as he sends it to me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.