1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on truck decals

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mslawn, Jan 18, 2008.

1. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

I had our blue truck decaled today, I do not like it compared to our white one. I am also decaling a brown colored on Monday. What is your thoughts? Is it plain out ugly or will it pass as professional looking? I will only buy white fleet trucks from now on out.....

edit-I just went and looked and it is the same green color on both trucks, one looks like a lighter green due to the lighting in each picture, the gray outline may also make it look lighter.

IMG_0051.JPG

2. willietd2

willietd2 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

hey , i think that they look great. same here though, we only run white trucks. what did the decal package cost per truck? willie

3. 4-Seasons

4-Seasons LawnSite Member
    from NJ

What was the price for each truck?

4. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

Taking off my old decals and installing new was 400.00 each truck.

5. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I think it looks real nice especially on the chevy

6. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

i think the white one does look better but the blue one does not look bad. maby the grass at the bottom of blue truck is a bit much for the dark color.if i were u hold off on the brown one for a few more days and let the blue one sink in a little. when i got the letters on my truck i didnot like at first but its ok now.

7. EnvirosafeCarolinas

EnvirosafeCarolinas LawnSite Member

They both look great, although you can't beat white for professionalism.

Decals in themselves are much more professional than magnetic signs.

8. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

I do something similar but I put the website near the hood and the phone number over the rear wheel wells 11" high digits.

9. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

They both look fine to me! Thewhite one might be a tad better, but they are both the same graphics and this shows uniformity in the fleet. I've got grass at the bottom of my box truck- it doesn't look as good as yours. I might have them re-do it next week.