Lawn Care Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread on Weapons

3K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Sean Adams 
#1 ·
I wanted everyone to know that I had to remove the thread regarding weapons from the forum. Even though I know it is not that big of a deal, there were some references to people using them and why they carry them and I did not want it to get out of hand. I did not think anyone would mind but I thought I'd post this anyway.

#13 ·
Originally posted by Trevors Lawn Care
I think bottom line is people carry them for saftey, and pests (snakes, dogs, cats,women ....)
Heck, I carry a stick to beat the women off all the time! They cant get enough of me! lol if only that were true.. *hangs head... remembers he's a nerd*

#15 ·
doublesharp - it is not about being politically correct....this is a professional forum and there is a time and a place to discuss everything....the commercial lawn care forum is not the place to discuss who carries what weapon and how they intend or like to use it. Like I said, it's not as much what was said, but soon enough, what was going to be said. The longer you are around this forum you will know what I mean.

#16 ·
Originally posted by Sean Adams
doublesharp - it is not about being politically correct........... Like I said, it's not as much what was said, but soon enough, what was going to be said. .....
Oh, Jeeze, now I've heard it all. "what was going to be said"
As a former poster used to say, "Amazing!"
Crawdad

#17 ·
There's my buddy crawdad....I was wondering when you would find a thread to give me a hard time....but you and I both know that weapons do not need discussed in a commercial lawn care forum - off topic maybe, but not in the same section business is discussed....I'm still waiting for that beer we are supposed to have together.....

#18 ·
I disagree. I respect your descision, but disagree. With all of the places we go, all of the people we run into, we NEED to know about safety. We spend thread after thread talking about safety glasses, chaps, trimmer guards, etc. But what about protecting ourselves? We ARE our business, and with a knife or bullet wound, our business declines rapidly.

#19 ·
I have to respectfully disagree. Not giving you a hard time but it seems like it might have been better to leave it and only delete it if it actually went down the road you worried about. I read that thread and, at the point I saw it, it was simply a discussion of what is carried "on the job" and why.

#20 ·
Originally posted by Sean Adams
There's my buddy crawdad....I was wondering when you would find a thread to give me a hard time....but you and I both know that weapons do not need discussed in a commercial lawn care forum - off topic maybe, but not in the same section business is discussed....I'm still waiting for that beer we are supposed to have together.....
Me, give you a hard time? Never happens. I just found it interesting that you deleted a thread because of what you predicted would be said.

About that beer, I think I said something about, "if you're ever in Crawdad Holler." Not sure, now, can't find that thread. I did a thorough search. Maybe it's been deleted??

Crawdad :p

#22 ·
I removed the thread because I decided it was best....I also started this thread because I would have received about 20 emails wanting to know why and eventually someone would have posted asking why.....see crawdad, I do have a crystal ball....and as far as the beer in crawdad holler, if it was deleted it must have been by someone else cause it is the only proof I have in writing that you extended an invitation to me....

and those who said they disagree, I understand and respect your opinion completely, but I just felt it was for the best....

I am going to close this now before I have to delete it and start another thread explaining why I deleted this thread from the other thread that closed this thread so a new thread would not have to be started before I deleted a thread that....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.