Three-Way with Quicksilver any users?

Hineline

LawnSite Bronze Member
Anyone spiking three-way with quicksilver? Going to start round one with some spot spraying then mid April start some blanket apps. Or just go with Speedzone.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
If you are planning to spike, with Quicksilver, Speedzone is about the same thing. The 2,4-D is an ester I believe--which is different.

I think the rate of carfentrazone is about the same either way --not sure--perhaps about .29 lbs per acre.

Turf Logic

LawnSite Member
Ive used that combo before. It works wonders on virginia button weed that speed zone would not completely kill.

jad004

LawnSite Senior Member
I used it on a couple of new clients this year with terrible lawns. Worked great. Saw results in 3 days where regular 3-way is taking about 1 1/2 weeks to see results.

OP
Hineline

Hineline

LawnSite Bronze Member
I need to find a silver bullet. I played games with with a lot of weeds last year in my spot spray. If I am going to spend the time to walk over to a weed and spray it, I want it dead! Anyone care to divulge a great and cost effective formula for general spraying?

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Different weeds sometimes need different solutions. If you want em dead, I would suggest following the idea of one of our frequent posters from Minnesota. Three-way plus triclopyr (Turflon), with a good surfactant. Use all at the maximum label rate, of course. That is perfectly legal. (Quicksilver, carfentrazone optional).

Calibrate carefully--do not assume that one gallon covers 1000 sqft. That never happens. Spray water on cement to establish your footage per gallon and use a marker to mark it on your sprayer or hand can.

Remember Quicksilver is effective mainly on young, annual weeds (see label).

And remember, dormant weeds do not respond well; mature weeds do not respond well.

If you are going to spend the time to hand spray--the cost of labor is far higher than the cost of the herbicide, (which is high). Let the chemicals do the work.

MStine315

LawnSite Senior Member
I was very close to going in this direction this year (quicksilver/3-way) but ended up going with Escalade 2. Let us know how you make out. Looked intruiging, but my concern was having applicators mix such a finite amount of quicksilver per batch. Went with the "keep it simple" plan.

Efficiency

Banned
we will do qs & 3way only when we have to. I cant get over the cost to do it widespread.

OP
Hineline

Hineline

LawnSite Bronze Member
Going to spray three-way ester to start and spike with a little QS if needed. I have a new yard that is full of the thickest moss I have ever seen grow in full sun. That one will get a dose of QS for sure. Maybe looking a Surge for the warmer days. Seems like a fairly decent price at 130.00/2.5.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Quicksilver works fast but mainly on small annual weeds. Does nice on smartweed, mallow, and purslane. If you are going to add something to a three way I would add (triclopyr), Turflon. Or try T-zone which already has Quicksilver, and triclopyr...plus dicamba and 2,4-d.