Ticks

Getmow

LawnSite Senior Member
Just a word to the wise. Check yourselves daily for tose pesky ticks. They can be more than a pest. I was down about a week with a tick related illness and I am still not 100%. <br> Ticks carry a variety of sickness that can be past on to humans. Lyme's Disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Encphylitis to name a few.<br> Remember to check for and carfully remove these parasites. If they are buried and you have to remove, save it in a sealed jar just in case a doctor needs it.

southside

LawnSite Senior Member
I learn't in the army to check hair,armpits,<br>balls and arse crack for ticks.They are a big problem here.I usually pull 1 or 2 off<br>a day. Remember to pull the head out as well<br>as they can still poison you after you <br>decapitate them.<p>Karl<br>

OP
G

Getmow

LawnSite Senior Member
I am in Hampton which is between Williamsburg and Va Beach. The infestation is bad here this year because of the mild winter.

dhicks

The wifey has been busy lately between checking me and the 4 dogs for ticks. This year is especially bad for dear ticks in Maryland. <p>----------<br>--Disneyland on the Potomac - ICQ [icq]31223414[/icq]<br>www.go-emerald.com

B

bill phagan

suggest you apply .97% Dursban granular at the appropriate rate and water in thoroughly.