Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,199 Posts
His setup there is very different from yours.

He has his tracks tied down so he's got his 4 corner tiedown and then he has separate chains for his hydraulic appendages. Those are the boom and the blade on the mini.

You put two uncrossed straps in the back and two on the blade. You should've had two straps on the back crossed. Two in the front crossed if possible. One over the blade and one over bucket to hold the boom down.

· Registered
1,199 Posts
I'm pretty sure that excavator could use 2 more chains on it. You're supposed to have 4 corners + hydraulic attachments and the blade is an attachment. Maybe I don't see them, but I think the front of that skid could use 2 more chains as well.

I think you got 2 corners on both machines and got all the hydraulic attachments.

Maybe I'm just not seeing them, but I think you need more chains on that rig.

You ought to have 5 on the skid and 6 on the excavator if you're using 1 chain per corner.

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Well if we want to get super-technical it's still not right. The tiedowns shouldn't be the outermost part of the trailer. He should have a rubrail extending past his tiedowns so that if he bumps something with the side of the trailer it won't harm your tiedowns at all.

Now most trailers you see won't have rubrails like they are supposed to, but technically you are supposed to have one.

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Yea. Most all trailers on the road are in violation of that rule including several of my own.

I'm not claiming to know everything about tiedowns here, but I've gotten enough unsecured/improperly secured load violations and lectures about it that I know the rules pretty well now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.