Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
9,558 Posts
Backhoes have to be the worst to chain down they dance all over the place it doesn't matter how tight you get the binders.

With excavators I like to tuck the boom down as much as you can with the boom facing rearward so any rocks flying up from the trucks tires won't take out the window of the machine.

· Banned
9,558 Posts
I would be welding some more tie down points on that trailer. The way the front chains are on the excavator they are at too much of a angle. They are pulling the machine forward. If the machine ever decided to move it would slip forward the chains would be loose.

The problem with rubber tracked machines there is nothing to hook too. On steel tracked machines you can hook to the tracks.

I like having lots of options for tie down spots. I don't like D rings I prefer a rub rail or stake pockets you can drop the chain through and hook the hook on the top of the stake pocket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.