1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Tillers

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by Crazy 4 grass, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Crazy 4 grass

Crazy 4 grass LawnSite Platinum Member

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this . Here goes. I have a .25 acre garden. Can anyone recommend a walk behind tiller?

Cam15 likes this.
  2. No gloves

No gloves LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't have much use for my tiller so sold it a couple years ago.but if I was to buy another one it would be battery. Believe kobalt,greenworks have them maybe snapper.ego and ryobi has a kombi one that is smaller

Cam15 likes this.
  3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

BCS if you want a serious tool.

BMWNJ, Cam15, Eric502 and 2 others like this.
  4. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Gold Member

Crazy 4 grass likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Crazy 4 grass

I already have the Stihl kombi system with tiller attachment. That is way too small for 1/4 acre Garden. I'm looking more for a full size self-propelled. Rear tine

Cam15 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Crazy 4 grass

I just looked up your recommendation. Wow. Those look amazing. Definitely the real deal with a price tag to boot.

Cam15 likes this.
  7. Bfish

Bfish LawnSite Member

With a 1/4 acre, it is right on the bubble of renting vs buying. I would rent a rear tine from a few different places over the next few years. Then if you find something that you like, look to buy a used or new one of a similar model as the rental. Essentially you are using the rental to "test drive" several tillers.

Cam15, sjessen and Crazy 4 grass like this.
  8. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Tyler Texas

Looking to pick one up for my company also. What do you recommend for a larger walk behind and also a smaller handheld version? Is BCS the only way to go? Totally new to the tiller market.

Cam15 and Crazy 4 grass like this.
  9. No gloves

No gloves LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I know,It was more of a suggestion if you work on it little by little or between crop

Cam15 and Crazy 4 grass like this.
  10. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure they are the only way but they have a nice offering. Barreto makes a nice machine as well. I'm a firm believer in buy once cry once as these machines will hurt upfront.