Lawn Care Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts
Swanny ....those tracks look worse than mine did with over 1200 hours of pretty heavy use. I assume your sprockets are in good shape and track tension is correct?

The "bars" embedded in my tracks actually split in half because they were worn down so bad. But none of them ever came out.
Posted via Mobile Device

the entire machine had 180ish hrs. on it..sprockets looked new. I've never have seen this before with OEM tracks with this low of hrs.. I think the rubber must have been a bad mix because the machine certainly wasn't abused. It happened shortly after I sold it to a man in Manitoba, so I wasn't the one it happened to. I credited him money to put towards his replacement tracks (went with Camoplast).

I met another guy who welded studs onto his bars when they pulled out of his track (TL150) and bolted them through the top of the track, much like a larry lug in a cat track. Said they held up just fine. He was able to increase the life of many a set of tracks this way as he was very hard on them...got maybe 500 hrs. out of a set of OEM tracks.

Discussion starter · #48 ·
New tracks and Undercarriage. I replaced 7 rollers (one was only 2 yrs old) one sprocket (one had dimensions of new) and all of the idlers, front and back. The job only took a couple of days at winter speed....

I ordered the tracks, 4 rollers, and sprockets from Midwest Equipment on EBAY.
(They did not have idlers available for the TL 130) The rollers were excellent from here, they came with new bolts and hardware. Pay the extra $20.00 per roller.

The Idlers, and remaining rollers I ordered from CIS Quality Parts from EBAY. The rollers were a pain in the ass. They did not come with bolts and the bolt hole threads were the wrong pitch or there was too much crap in the hole for the old bolts to thread in. Anyways I had to go to Fastenal and get a tap to clean the threads so that I could use my original hardware - wasted a afternoon figuring that one out.

Tire Wheel Crankset Automotive tire Tread

Discussion starter · #50 ·
I see you're not far from me, have you had a chance to try the new style tracks out in the snow yet and see how they do compared to the factory style?
Yes, they are much better in the snow and ice. With the old tracks I would hit icey spots and slip, but this aggressive tread pattern seems to grind down to the driveway and doesn't slip at all. Very happy so far.

Update: One of the Camoplast tracks broke after 250 hours. Midwest Equipment and Camoplast honored their warranty and sent me a new track for the cost of shipping. They were very nice and professional on the phone.
Good to hear they took care of you. I am beginning to wonder if there was a bit of a "design" change to their tracks and dimensions? I am seeing a LOT more noticeable wear than i am used to seeing. They seem to be stretching more normal too. Still LOVE the Camoplast tracks though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #54 ·
Humm I bought a set for my 240 last week from them. How did they verify the hours?
Honor system, they asked for the hours installed and hours failed. I record everything when I work on my Trucks and Machines so it was easy for me. But if you think about it 1500 hours is almost 8 hours a day everyday for 190 days or 10 months at 5 work days of full time hours. I am sure that they have some sort of industry average hours for machine use at their disposal.

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Good to hear they took care of you. I am beginning to wonder if there was a bit of a "design" change to their tracks and dimensions? I am seeing a LOT more noticeable wear than i am used to seeing. They seem to be stretching more normal too. Still LOVE the Camoplast tracks though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Only time will tell if the new "design" holds up. I told the lady at Midwest that I purchased the tracks based upon the positive reviews here and that I was going to post my experience with how they deal with warranty. In this case, they took care of me. It took them two weeks to approve it.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.