Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
My Bg86 I have to full choke to start it. After priming it 20x
It has been a pita
Stihl engineers not too smart to come out with a hard starting piece like the bg86...and then keep it on the market for years on end without improving it. Hardest starting pos in the heat I've ever owned....

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hard starts in heat usually mean running rich. I had similar luck with my last gas hh not a Stihl. HH must be fast snd hassle free or you may as well grab a bp.

batt is way to go for hh’s. More power than gas and don’t use them enough to worry about runtimes

·
Registered
936 Posts
Stihl engineers not too smart to come out with a hard starting piece like the bg86...and then keep it on the market for years on end without improving it. Hardest starting pos in the heat I've ever owned....
Never had an issue like this. If it's hard starting it simply needs the carb adjusted, if you're unable to do it, take it to your mechanic or maybe try YouTube.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I want a 900/1000 too, in your experience, does the 600 hold up we’ll against leaves? There can be some pretty good “dropage”, but I don’t want to spend the money on a new blower.
I don't find too much difference between my 600 and 800. For everyday use of rather use the 600 - lighter and better on gas and plenty of zip

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Never had an issue like this. If it's hard starting it simply needs the carb adjusted, if you're unable to do it, take it to your mechanic or maybe try YouTube.
The damn thing is DESIGNED to be hard starting. You HAVE to follow the stupid sequence to start the bg86 and if you dont, in the heat, its all over.
My Echo blower, on the other hand, once warm just one pull and away you go.

Reactions: hort101
21 - 29 of 29 Posts