• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Time to put in bids?

Raven Lawncare

LawnSite Member
Hello everyone. I am curious as to when is the best time to put in bids? A lot of places I have made inquiries to say bids are reviewed after Jan 1st. I’m planning to visit sites of interest the 2nd or 3rd week of December. Also have you noticed a pattern on the best day to deliver and be awarded bids? Any guidance is appreciated.

Jeff@diyokc

LawnSite Senior Member
Depends on who your giving them to. Some advertise they are taking bids and will give you the scope of work, insurance requirements, bonding etc.
they will usually give a date the bids will be reviewed if your cold calling places, you have to make it past the gatekeeper to get to who has that authority, and even then you may get referred to some other entity.

OP
R

Raven Lawncare

LawnSite Member
Depends on who your giving them to. Some advertise they are taking bids and will give you the scope of work, insurance requirements, bonding etc.
they will usually give a date the bids will be reviewed if your cold calling places, you have to make it past the gatekeeper to get to who has that authority, and even then you may get referred to some other entity.
Thanks. We’re would one seek to find information of what bids are available?