Time to spray soccer field

grassmasterswilson

LawnSite Fanatic
Been asked to spray a soccer field. Measures the field and sides to be 2.20 acres. Using a z spray and shouldn't have to fill. Based on my math I should be able to spray it in 30-45 minutes. Is that close?
Posted via Mobile Device

turf hokie

LawnSite Silver Member
your pretty close.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
At 1/4 gallon per thousand, you need 24 gallons. And it never comes out perfect. I think you will need to refill. And then probably have some left over.

But at a slow 4 thousand sqft per minute, you need about 31 minutes.

Last edited:
OP
G

grassmasterswilson

LawnSite Fanatic
Thanks guys. Thought I was pretty close, but wanted to check.

Now for figuring out the pricing. I carry 50 gallons on my z spray so no fill up would be needed. Labor would be 30 minutes and I figured a total of 1 hour for filling up and getting to the site. I'm solo and do all the apps. Is $100 an app for labor too low? I haven't done much large work other than residential and this will be 8-9 total apps of fert, pre and herbicide. I would use non residential products(ronstar and katana) so I may need to charge more.

I also have to bid the school which is about 4.5 acres of turf spread out over a 12 acre site. Lots of buildings and small turf "squares." I was figuring 3 hours labor since fill ups, trips to the truck for fert, and sidewalk clean up will be necessary.

I know this is sensitive material, but I know my costs. I just don't know exactly what to expect to put in my pocket for large jobs like this. I'd love any insight you might share even if you area isn't close to mine. PM's are available.

AnotherOkie

LawnSite Senior Member
I sent you a PM. Don't forget, guys with 72" commercial ztr's don't charge less to mow an acre than a guy on a 42" craftsman. Equipment depreciates and that must be factored into your costs.