1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Time to trim 250', 4' Tall Hedge Row of Burning Bush

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by brentsawyer, Aug 17, 2004.

1. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

It has been a while since I have had to go out and trim these and I usually don't do them myself and I have an estimate to give today for a commercial prop. that has two Burning Bush hedge rows that are 4' tall and about 250' long. I was wondering how long it takes some of you to trim and clean this up once a year.

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

If you are shearing them with a hedge trimmer, about 4 hrs.

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

That sounds about right.

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Depends on the amount that you are picking up. I just trimmed a photinia hedge that was 325 feet long and 6-8 feet tall. He wanted it 4feet tall. It took me 14 hours to finish and get it looking good. Problem was it was up against a chainlink fence and could only cut a foot away from chainlink. Then had to remove all the debris from inbetween. Yes it is easy and fast when you are able to lay a tarp and then cut away but when the obsticals hit you, plan for longer. I would say it will take you yourself roughly 6-8 hours pending how far the dump or transfer station is from where you are working. Price acordingly.