TimeCutter MX5000 50 in.

EddieLawnCare

LawnSite Member
Been mowing for the past couple months, using a Honda push mower with around 15 residential accounts. Most every two weeks, only a few once a week, and one half an acre property that i mow every week.

Started to get more accounts and its been really hard with a push mower, wanted to get this time cutter at home depot on sale for $2800. Was planning to get a credit card and purchase it with it. Don't have a big budget to buy these heavy duty commercial mowers.

I realize its cheap for a reason and no were near compared to the heavy duty commercial mowers that are 3x the cost, just wanted to know if i could at least get 500 hours problem free other than maintenance, then it would be worth it for me. Anyone with any experience with this mower or is well informed on buying mower for business use, that would share there input with me would be a big help.

Long story short, what i really want to know is how many hours will this timcutter mx5000 50 in. last until issues start to accrue.

Thanks in advance!

ggb6259

LawnSite Senior Member
For $3000 you have a lot better options than a Timecutter. End of year sales at dealers and you can get 0% financing. Where else have you looked. Friend just bought a Gravely 42" OTD under $3000. I would bump up to a stronger mower. For $4000 you can get away from EZT transmissions and get at minimum ZT2800 or even ZT3100 hydros. Go look at your local dealers. Ferris IS400 are found all day long under $4000. Raptors SD, Ariens, Gravelys etc. I'd go with Husqvarna before a Timecutter.

Jeff@diyokc

LawnSite Senior Member
For $3000 you have a lot better options than a Timecutter. End of year sales at dealers and you can get 0% financing. Where else have you looked. Friend just bought a Gravely 42" OTD under $3000. I would bump up to a stronger mower. For $4000 you can get away from EZT transmissions and get at minimum ZT2800 or even ZT3100 hydros. Go look at your local dealers. Ferris IS400 are found all day long under $4000. Raptors SD, Ariens, Gravelys etc. I'd go with Husqvarna before a Timecutter.
Been mowing for the past couple months, using a Honda push mower with around 15 residential accounts. Most every two weeks, only a few once a week, and one half an acre property that i mow every week.

Started to get more accounts and its been really hard with a push mower, wanted to get this time cutter at home depot on sale for $2800. Was planning to get a credit card and purchase it with it. Don't have a big budget to buy these heavy duty commercial mowers.

I realize its cheap for a reason and no were near compared to the heavy duty commercial mowers that are 3x the cost, just wanted to know if i could at least get 500 hours problem free other than maintenance, then it would be worth it for me. Anyone with any experience with this mower or is well informed on buying mower for business use, that would share there input with me would be a big help.

Long story short, what i really want to know is how many hours will this timcutter mx5000 50 in. last until issues start to accrue.

Thanks in advance!
A homeowner model will go about 300 to 400 hours! There made to mow small stuff once a week!

As always, some will get on here and say their timecutter goes “1000 hrs, no problems.... blah blah! Bull!! These are not built for daily use, and your bigger problem is getting the thing fixed with the inevitable repairs that are going to be needed!

@ggb6259 have you some options, look at some of them!