Tip for you new guys

Mitty87

LawnSite Gold Member
Had a worker this year who was eventually fired for other reasons, but he had to use the bathroom of every single client we went to. I always told everyone where to pee outside. I was worried about firing him because he told me he was gay and didn’t want to look like it was a prejudice thing, but eventually let him go.

Brucey

LawnSite Gold Member
Had a worker this year who was eventually fired for other reasons, but he had to use the bathroom of every single client we went to. I always told everyone where to pee outside. I was worried about firing him because he told me he was gay and didn’t want to look like it was a prejudice thing, but eventually let him go.
I'd rather shut my business down than subject my clients to my own personal toileting.

Clarke23

LawnSite Member
Looking for work?

This will vary with your location of course but in my area there is tons of work out there. Combine this with the fact that there are no employees to be had has created huge demand for landscape services. I have turned down enough work in the last 10 days to set up a new guy well on the path to a successful business. For the whole year I have turned down 100s of request.

Ok, so here is the tip. It doesn't cost anything but time. Get on the phone and contact every landscape service provider in town. Have something prepared and introduce yourself. Make sure your licensed and insuance is in place. Let them know about your new business and ASK for referrals. A guy like me will give you a few to start with to see how things go. If they go well the floodgates will open and you will get so many request you will be thinking about hiring someone to help you out.

Good luck!

Let me know if you try this.
I never consider this ever , thanks for the tip ... im definitely going to contact other companies and ask them this week

Top Forums