Tire sealant....Magnum Sealitup

ed2hess

LawnSite Fanatic
I would like opinions on this tire sealant. For about $200 you get 6 gallons and a pump.

Screenshot (88).png

Screenshot (87).png

Slime cost $200 for 5 gallons plus pump. I got 16 ounces of sealitup from dealer to try. I got into some thorns:cry:. It is apparent to me NOW that you can't plug in sidewall and expect it to last. Maybe this will do it. I have had little success with slime. Mabe I didn't put enough in.

Last edited:

Breezmeister

LawnSite Silver Member
It's cheaper them what I use. My only concern would be where it is made, if it's made in China, god only knows what is in it.....

You feeling adventurous ;)

BigFish

LawnSite Fanatic
All I can say is where I used to wrench, I plugged many a sidewall using them Safety Seal plugs we were talking about a while ago. Most all held up fer the life of the tire .
Course the units were only operated by a crew of old ladies they snagged from a retirement home...

Mumblingboutmowers

LawnSite Senior Member
Slime is $20 a gallon at Walmart and each gallon comes with a pump. That's only $100 per gallon.

Regarding plugging sidewalls, I've had success with it. I have a plug in the sidewall on my old mower and it held up for years.

OP
E

ed2hess

LawnSite Fanatic
All I can say is where I used to wrench, I plugged many a sidewall using them good plugs we were talking about a while ago. Most all held up fer the life of the tire .
Course the units were only operated by a crew of old ladies they snagged from a retirement home...
unfortunately we run machine over curbs, edges of sidewalk,
Slime is $20 a gallon at Walmart and each gallon comes with a pump. That's only $100 per gallon.

Regarding plugging sidewalls, I've had success with it. I have a plug in the sidewall on my old mower and it held up for years.
slime pumps in gallon fail.......clogs if you leave it sit...product i show is $100 for 6 gallon. Some of these tires we get now are tooo thin on sidewall. Hard to find affordable 8 ply.