1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Tires on my Chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Barkleymut, May 15, 2000.

1. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

While mowing on Saturday my Chopper blew out a tire on the front. Well I've already plugged it over a dozen times and it was shot. So I figured in addition to buying a new tire that I would also get new rims so I could always have one with me for less down time. Well when I took off the old rims this evening I saw that they had bearings or some type of something inside the rim. How do I get this part out??? I tryed prying it out, banging it out but nothing worked. So much for being a timesaver! Oh well. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

Dixie runs inner and outer bearings (2 per side) and a spacer in the middle. I just take a hammer and long punch to knock them out. Do one side, both bearings and then the spacer will fall out then the other side.<br>When putting in the new bearings make sure to pull the dust cover off the inner bearings so that the grease will pass threw them.<br>

3. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

Go ahead and get the complete rim setup with new bearings and spacer.Once you get it together it only takes a few min. to change in the field.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING