1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Tires. Replacement for Carlisle 24x12x12 Turf Master

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by captken, Feb 13, 2020.

1. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

The only picture I could find, NOT intended as an ad for this place.... tires.jpg Carlisle are 4ply and expensive. Bought some Deestone tires that were 6ply and loved them. The new comer I am looking at is Million Part tires. Cannot find the manufacturer or any test on them. Wonder if anyone here is familiar with that brand. They look exactly, by picture to the Carlisle. Got the Deestone tires for 40 dollar less per tire than they are offering now. The cheapest is the Million Part tires, not sure of the ply count. Thanks in advance, KL.

hort101 likes this.
  2. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Hey ken I'll quote @Ridin' Green see if hee has some suggestions for tires for youThumbs Up

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Doc8406, captken and hort101 like this.
  4. MowDaddy

MowDaddy LawnSite Fanatic

Switch to the AT101 you'll love them long time.

5. OP
    OP
    captken

Thanks guys. Are those knockoff Million Parts good tires? Used the Deestone but almost returned them because they were turf masters knockoffs. But ended up liking them very much. As for the AT101, will they cause anymore divot damage than other turf type tires? Raised on a farm and they look a lot like tractor tire lugs. Thanks again. KL

hort101 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    captken

And those At101 always wanted to try because of getting stuck. Will they damage a wet lawn? appreciate the help.

hort101 likes this.
  7. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

Good choice

hort101 likes this.
  8. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

How is that warehouse in prices compare to his outfit
    https://www.petestirestore.com/

hort101 and sjessen like this.
  9. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Everyone on here that's switched to at101 has had less slippage so less damge
    Only problem is finding a size to fit some tire sizes
    Here is 1 thread about the at101s
    https://www.lawnsite.com/threads/at-101s-still-saving-the-day.488472/page-10

sjessen, captken and Doc8406 like this.
  10. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Silver Member

I would not go with the at101 if you don't want to shred turf. This forum is the only place I see about 4 people preaching how amazing these tires are. They're bar tires and they are not the best for daily lawn care in my opinion. I do have them on my front mount deere, they're great for my country lawn and on that tractor, but no way would i run them on a ZTR on any of my customers properties. You might try the kenda turf tire, that's a good quality tire and they are slightly cheaper.

captken likes this.