1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the March 26 article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Tires. Replacement for Carlisle 24x12x12 Turf Master

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by captken, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I have ran the AT101's for a few years now and they are the only ZTR tire I will use now. Less damage than turf treads on any lawn in any condition once you learn how to operate with them.

2. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Silver Member

There are several things wrong in this thread. The turf master and the multi trac are the same tire. The million parts linked above is not the same nor is it a knockoff of either the turf master or the multi trac.

I'm glad this thread was started i actually like how the million parts tires look and they're cheap. If you do end up with those, let us know how the work out for you.

I dont' mess around with tires. I've been buying and putting tires on atv's, dirt bikes, and mowers for too long now to mess with junk. The at101 is a terrible ZTR tire that is only recommended on this forum by a few people. Most of us know better. This will of course depend on your region, but overall, not a good tire to run here and if you do break free with the at101 bar tire, you're shredding turf. There is a reason turf tires are called turf tires and there's also a reason why 99.9% of all manufacturers put them on their mowers. Stand ons, sit downs, walk behinds, etc.

Breezmeister and captken like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for some good advice guys. For Doc8406, This place is In Tennessee. I had bought the Deestone 6ply pair for less than $140, but cannot find them at that price. They are superior to the Carlisle in that no flats and stiffer construction. Performance, can't tell the difference. Carlisle is the most expensive tires and seem to have less rubber in tire overall. tires1.jpg
    (2) NEW TURF MASTER S LAWN MOWER TIRES 24X12X12 4 PLY
    Subtotal (1 item, 2 tires) $167.95
    Shipping Free. Located just North of Nashville in White House Tennessee. Ebay purchase. Cheapest on Ebay for Carlisle branded tires is (1) for $124.99 free shipping. I'll that that 167.99 savings and buy something else I need. The Million Parts pair cost 4 cents less than 1 Carlisle!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Doc8406 and hort101 like this.
  4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Just remember- too stiff a tire makes for a lot rougher ride. The AT101's are also 4 ply. The shape of their sidewall when mounted on rims designed for a 24X12-12 tire makes them ride a bit better than turf tires too. If you aren't using your Z regularly (as in daily, or almost daily) you might be better off sticking with turf tires, but no matter how much you use your Z, the AT's have a LOT better traction, and they do not skid on hills going up, down or across like turf tires can and do, especially in the wet. They look like ag tires, but they were designed expressly for turf use on ZTR's. Their rounded shoulder really helps.

5. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Silver Member

6. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

i personally, wouldn't consider a "turf" tire for use in my area.. too many hills.. they clog up and slide too easy..

7. OP
    OP
    captken

Missed the post, sorry. Those are much better pictures of the Million Parts tires. Going to see if I can find out where they ship from. Information seems sketcy, multiple US locations, hopefully no wait from China..Will check that out.

hort101, Doc8406 and Ridin' Green like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    captken

Dang, those look like very good tires too. I'm wondering about ever buying Carlisle tires again. And, until last year with the Deestone's, Carlisle was all I ever bought. Expensive and easy to damage.

9. OP
    OP
    captken

Hilly here too. More than once I've ended up at the bottom of a hill, just holding on the sticks waiting for the slide to stop, either sideways, into a pond or pointed down, to the bottom and then there's getting out!
    . Thing is, not all the properties are on slopes. Am going to rethink this option, thanks. KL

hort101, Ridin' Green and Doc8406 like this.
  10. CGros31

CGros31 LawnSite Senior Member

I only use AT 101's now and they tear turf a lot less than the stock tires that come with the John Deere mowers that I run. Since I've made the switch I have never had to pull a stuck ZTR again. The Turf Masters get stuck on wet clover.

captken, Doc8406 and hort101 like this.