• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Tis the Season to be Primed

Getmow

LawnSite Senior Member
Fish hard for winter stripers in the atlantic then blue fin tuna. Money? Sure it costs alot.

Toddppm

LawnSite Senior Member
I am thinking about advertising for installing patios and walkways in Oct Nov, to scedule for Jan + Feb, we stay pretty busy until then.

MOW ED

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm trying to convince my wife to let me resume the male stud service I ran before we got married and I'm close. <br>I just forgot how to charge. I guess I will have to be a scrub stud for a while. Any ideas from the gallery. My equipment is slightly used but I can transport it in a small vehicle. I always use rubber handgrips so the risk of blisters is at a minimum. I don't want any competition so don't none of you guys steal my customers. :)

thelawnguy

LawnSite Silver Member
You guys should be making enough in season so you dont have to worry about the off-season, except for something to keep busy at.<p>Bill

slingshot

LawnSite Member
you realy have to be kidding me.why would you get into somthing and not make enough at it to live year round. there is always somthing to do. fix mowers.maybee take a few classes to better yourselves. make contacts estimates it goes on and on the key is disaplen you cant be the cowboy in town running around with all the money you make every day in your pocket being the bigshot.then comes winter and your rolling change for gas money

eggy

LawnSite Bronze Member
i dont know where you are at but check with level propane they need drivers for the winter pay is good....lot of hours but hey.....make that cash....

B

bill phagan

If I absolutely, positively had to work in cold weather, I'd consider firewood delivery, auto detailing, handyman stuff, landscape lighting, Xmas lights, interior landscaping, selling/leasing of indoor plants, pressure washing, gutter cleaning, shoe shine boy (don't laugh) try your bowling alleys, delivery services, tow truck, take out food delivery, shopping service, pet sitting, home sitting, secretarial services.....is that enuff? What skills do you have? What do you like to do? Start marketing at least 60 days prior to cold weather. Being a 4th generation Floridian, I just can't imagine all that white stuff, slush, slipping and sliding. Go for it!

southside

LawnSite Senior Member
Used to &quot;chase smash&quot; in a tow truck.Now I've<br>got enough work to go year round.<br>Charles, Rioting does sound like a handy <br>earner. Can you get me a big screen tv? :)<br>You can even have a sex life in gaol.Although<br>you mightn't have a choice in the matter with<br>Big Bob the butt bandit as your cellmate. :)<p>Karl<br>