1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

To big for shirts.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Swampy, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

So I think I have a problem. Every year I got to buy need shirts because my arms are getting bigger. I either bust out the seams on the sleeves or I tear apart the arm pit area. I do a lot of weight lifting in the winter. And during the season I'm the guy that unloads a truck full of material by hand. Every season I keep going up at least one shirt size and one neck size. I started my employment 3 years ago at a Medium, and its looking like I'll be ordering XL's this year keep looking like a professional (I know it would look bad if I cut the sleeves off the shirts)

Anybody else have this problem?

2. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Need picts to believe...

3. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I have the same problem...with my Speedo.

4. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol !!!!...

5. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

SOUNDS LIKE A COUPLE OF YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH YOUR HATS. SWELLING OF THE HEAD....

HERE IS A LINK THAT MAY BE ABLE TO SHED SOME LIGHT ON THE SHIRT PROBLEM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipZDG6__Zfc

6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn LawnSite Member

If that is true its time to lay off the juice. There is no way you went from a medium to an XL without some help from Mr.Anabol. You are ripping XL sleeves? I know a few Pro body builders in my area and they dont seem to have a problem like that, ripping anyway.

Good thing for you the Army is now using the ABU's, more loose fitting.

7. Swampy

If you want to see pictures of men
    [​IMG]
    I'm on the left.
    Here's one from earlier this year with me a couple of buddies in a bar around April. T-shirt was a large.

LOL no juice unless its beer, or apple juice. I just upgraded to XL's from Large I had that problem with the Larges. Yeah I went through one set of ACU's already from Medium Reg to Large Reg. The Army said I was overweight by about 22lbs my last weigh in, but I Platoon Sargent stepped in and requested I have body fat test done. Long story short I got a height/weight wavier for 20lbs. Unfortantly I can't operate the heavy equipment as of yet(not licensed yet from the army phasing out my current MOS and restructuring my battalion getting rid of 88M) so now I drive 916's and I don't have problems with the chain binders like others.

8. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Well, here is the problem...... Quite rolling up your smokes into your sleeves. Really...... I just laugh at guys who think they are the Hulkster and feel the need to roll up their short sleeves to show off a little. TRUST ME, people are laughing their a$$ off at guys who do this. It's like they are saying, HEY, LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEE.........I HAVE REALLY BIG MUSCLES. lol. CAN YOU SEE THEM, OH WAIT, I'LL ROLL THEM UP A LITTLE MORE.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Really man, if you do this, please stop. I am telling you that people, women and men are :laugh::laugh::laugh:their a$$ off at you.

P.S. Thanks for serving! We are grateful to you all.

9. Swampy

LOL I was drunk in that picture.

10. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

I thought that maybe you were......My question is, what were you trying to sing:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm just having fun with you man. It's not directed at you personally, unless you are guilty of doing it.LOL

P.S. Do you have a video clip of that night so we all can hear how well your song went? hehehehe